Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Allergies Forum

small bumpy rash around mouth

Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....
Yesterday I woke up and noticed a bumpy rash around my mouth. My skin is usually smooth so I noticed right away. My partner couldn't tell because its not red or large bumps. Howewer, you can see the little raised bumps when you look closely and you can definately feel it. The rash continues down my neck/ underneath the chin and slightly on the back of my ears. Im lactose and gluten intolerant and Ive been eating pleanty of both lately. The dairy usually gives me a tummy ache which stops me from eating more however, I havent got the tummy ache lately and have continues eating much more dairy than usual. The amounts of gluten that I have been eating has increased and I am starting to feel the effects from that in my tummy and digestive system. So my first though was this rash is from eating too much dairy. Is this likely? If so how long will it take to go down? Other thoughts have been the shampoo/ conditioner I have been recently using. It's a natural tea tree oil shampoo/ conditioner made here in New Zealand. I havn't has any problems with my scalp so it may not be this. (I just thought of that as the backs of my ears are affected, but in saying that i havent been putting the shampoo and conditioner on my mouth and neck area. The only other thing I can think of is some muscle relaxant pills that I have been taking for almost a week now to help with my T.M.J jaw problems. The night before I got the rash, my partner and I also tried a new fish and chip store and I had crummbed tarkihi fish. I have never reacted to fish before though... It may not even be a food reaction. Please can you help me out as I dont know what to think or how to help it go away.

Thank you,
Ashley Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 11th, 2011
rash around mouth
I have the same thing only mine is a little red. I used tea tree oil to try to cure it because it is a natual antiseptic. but things got worse teh next day it went from my lips down my chin and climing down my neck. I also have a little bit under my ear on my neck and some near my forehead hair line area. they look adn itch like tiny pimples coming but their not pimples adn they are much smaller. I used a couple differetn fungal creams but it didn't help. I finnally went to the doctor today he said he thinks it's an allergy... i don't get allergies and i didn't try anything new lately. I am interested in milk because I have been noticing my stomache being upset after i eat dairy products but I always drink milk so it would be rather odd. The doctor gave me pretnisone 60mg for five days. It is a steriod to help swelling i think or somethng like that. Apparently it can take a couple days to kick in but he said the allergy might start to disipate on it's own by then but it seems like it's getting worse. I also have a headache and my eyes are getting goowy too.
|

replied July 31st, 2012
I have the same thing. Did you find a solution?
|

replied December 11th, 2011
rash around mouth
I have the same thing only mine is a little red. I used tea tree oil to try to cure it because it is a natual antiseptic. but things got worse teh next day it went from my lips down my chin and climing down my neck. I also have a little bit under my ear on my neck and some near my forehead hair line area. they look adn itch like tiny pimples coming but their not pimples adn they are much smaller. I used a couple differetn fungal creams but it didn't help. I finnally went to the doctor today he said he thinks it's an allergy... i don't get allergies and i didn't try anything new lately. I am interested in milk because I have been noticing my stomache being upset after i eat dairy products but I always drink milk so it would be rather odd. The doctor gave me pretnisone 60mg for five days. It is a steriod to help swelling i think or somethng like that. Apparently it can take a couple days to kick in but he said the allergy might start to disipate on it's own by then but it seems like it's getting worse. I also have a headache and my eyes are getting goowy too.
|

replied December 22nd, 2011
I think, it's an allergy. Now a days many people have the problem of small rash around mouth. There are number of medicines are avaialble in the market to clear out rash around mouth. But I don't want to sugget you that medicines because sometimes that medicines can also show the side effects on your body. I suggest,You can concern your doctor for that. This will definitely help you as per your expectations. Good luck.
|
Quick Reply