Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Insect Bites Forum

Small bites all over body (Page 1)

Must Read
Insect bites can be difficult to identify. Learn why the body reacts to insect bites, and which types of insects cause which kinds of illnesses here....
Were you bitten by a stinging or biting or bloodsucking insect? We review the most common bites humans get, plus info on who is most at risk of insect bites....
What are some of the signs of a serious insect bite? When do you need help? Learn to identify types of insect bites and know when they are serious....
Its been about a week now. I first found out that I have small bites all over my body. I thought they were mosquitos in my room. It then happened on the 2nd and 3rd time when I had bites more and more. Some bites are visible and some are really really small. Since i realized the itch on my bed, i concluded it must be bedbugs. I remembered i had seen some bugs before but didn't know what bugs are they. I found them in a bag of my dried flower tea bag. So I thought they were just some fruit bugs. Anyway, back to my story. Last weekend, I bought some bedbugs and other fleas repellent and sprayed in around the room and some on the bed. I found only a few bugs on the floor but not really alot. Well so on Sat & Sun, I slept in the living room on the sofa...somehow i had bites too. Again i concluded that the sofa or my pillows are infected too.

But today Mon, when i was at work, i started to feel itch and discovered new bites around my body. Even now as i type i find my bites areas and I haven't sleep yet. So can it still be bedbugs? The bite area is patches of reddness and can see the bite hole on the skin. After awhile when it stopped itching, is just the bite hole without the reddness.

I really feel more bites on my body, my back, breast, stomach, thighs, legs, foot, arms.. can i ask if this is bedbugs bite or is it something else?? Is there any other kind of insects stay on skin and i can't see them? i do feel the tingle and itch on body.

Please help and advise.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper kat1014
|

replied May 24th, 2010
I have the same thing. Unless you have a definite line pattern and they're really tiny, they're not bedbug bites. Could be tick bites if you've been outside.
The only thing helping me with the nasty itch is some aloe vera gel, but not a lot. I'm going to see my MD if they don't go away this week. I'll let you know, they're all over and I have about 20 of them.
|

replied May 27th, 2010
I have what sounds like a similar thing. I can't see any insects though. I have light coloured sheets and can't see any little brown spots and normally get itching during the day maybe when I am driving or sitting at the computer ending up with 3-4 + bites in a small area. I don't have pets or have not been around any, otherwise I would think they were flea bites... Any thoughts?
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2010
I have what sounds like a similar case. Small little red mark bites on my belly, back, neck, arms and legs. Even thought I don't spend a lot of time outside I seem to be scratching and itching none stop. I know I don't have bed bugs because if I did my mother would be scratching and etching by now as well, however she is not. I asked a doctor and she said it's bug bites but I'm not really sure and would really love the help. I have never had this bad of a problem before with bug bites. I don't know what to do bug spray doesn't seam to help. I always feel like something is crawling on my body yet when I look there is nothing there. Please someone help I would really love to know what's going on.
|

replied June 23rd, 2010
Insect Bites...
They are probably "no see ims"...they are so minute that they are difficult to "see", hence the nick no see ims.
Keep your windows closed as they can easily travel through screens. The best antidote that I found was Sting Off or AfterBite, just to stop the itching....
|

replied September 26th, 2010
So annoying!
So same problem here. What state do you reside in, to see where this problem is occuring. I'm getting bites here in LA, Cali. They are not bed bug bites as I get bite during the day and sometimes while I'm outside. But I have quite a handful of them and keep finding more.
I guess everyone has this problem and no answers...
|

replied October 24th, 2010
Tired of being itchy
Im in south Louisiana. My daughter and I have been dealing with this same thing. Upper arms, wrists, thighs, chest, and back. My husband and 2 sons are not dealing with this. My daughter has been itchy since the middle of this summer and I started this around the end of August. I have tried Dermisil thinking maybe scabies, but it didn't help. I will be making another appointment to the doctor. I have found no bugs around our beds or furniture. We have these very small bumps with a blood spot in the middle. The bumps kind of cluster within the same area. They bleed easy when sqeezed. If anyone finds something that works please tell it here! I will be checking back to see what anyone finds out!
|

replied March 12th, 2011
Bug Bites
I get spot-like bites on my back, leg or (sorry for graphic info)lower pubic area being itchy constantly. I have my obssessed routine before sleeping each night that is checking on, under, around my bed for bugs before feeling satified with turning off the light and sleeping. If I see a bug I try and get it, kill it and flush it away. However, if I fail to catch it (rarely) I feel paranoid.

Even though my bed is bug-free I still get little bites. I can't be bedbugs as my mattress is only a year or two old. I have a dog but he gets his exercise at my Grandma's with his brother (small puppies) it might be fleas from her cat? But this is a growing concern. Any suggestions to what it could be?
|

replied April 10th, 2011
red bug bite bumps but no sign of bugs
our family is suffering from the same exact symptoms. all of 6 of us. we have itchy red bumps all over us but no signs of any fleas, bed bugs or mosquitoes. i am going crazy and finally think i have found the answer. i found some carpet beatles in our house. carpet beetles do not bite but their tiny hairs cause the allergic reaction...itchy bumps that seem like bug bites. hope this helps...
|

replied September 25th, 2011
Bed bugs
Bed bugs only show up on a third of people. I unfortunately react to them and have had two infestations in shared houses. They are really hard to find. They are nocturnal and hide in mattresses and materials. Little bites, especially when in a line are most likely bed bugs!
|

insect bites?
This too, happens to me off and on. The same exact thing everyone is describing! I know there are no bedbugs in my house. I find these small bites with a hard little knot in them. I could be at work or anywhere and suddenly start itching. I can go a few weeks or months with no bites, then it happens again. Not knowing is what's driving me crazy! (I'm in Maryland)
|

insect bites?
This too, happens to me off and on. The same exact thing everyone is describing! I know there are no bedbugs in my house. I find these small bites with a hard little knot in them. I could be at work or anywhere and suddenly start itching. I can go a few weeks or months with no bites, then it happens again. Not knowing is what's driving me crazy! (I'm in Maryland)
|

replied October 9th, 2011
I have small bites also, about a mm or two wide, but they are only on the backs of my thighs. It originally started a few months ago and just recently they have gotten more frequent and have started moving upwards onto my buttox and lower back. Looking at the past scars, I realized they were a lot more frequent than I thought.
My bites don't bleed or have a hard knot in them. Same as everyone else, I don't have any bedbugs and get the bites when I leave the house and when I am wearing tight jeans. Not that it matters but wouldn't you think bugs couldn't crawl under where you're sitting?
I am going to the doctor this week but I doubt that'll do much. And I live in San Francisco.
|

replied October 12th, 2011
I have the same thing... I live in Toronto, Canada... I wake up with bites on my butt, my chest, my arms, my ankle, my stomach, you name it... My boyfriend has bites, but his do not irritate him... We sleep with a dog in our bed but she does not have flees or anything... could it be bed bugs? What is it... I itch so bad that I make my bites bleed and I really don't want scars!
|

replied October 24th, 2011
bites
hello yes i have red small bites on my arm in a row and on my legs but there arent in a row my anckles i have flipped the bed over the mattress looked at the head board checked the floor nothing and its driving me crazy i have 4 children and me and my baby are the only to geeting bite please help me it feels like im going to itch my skin off
|

replied October 24th, 2011
bites
hello yes i have red small bites on my arm in a row and on my legs but there arent in a row my anckles i have flipped the bed over the mattress looked at the head board checked the floor nothing and its driving me crazy i have 4 children and me and my baby are the only to geeting bite please help me it feels like im going to itch my skin off
|

replied October 26th, 2011
I live in Winston-Salem, North Carolina and have been a host of these bugs since july of 2011. I have tried to catch them for evidence even though I cannot see them with the naked eye. I feel them crawling up my legs and up into my hear and ear. when they crawl down the side of my face I use a alcohol prep and catch them. I got a small miscroscope from Radio shack and looked at the little specimen of a bug which appears as a little speck on the alcohol prep and when put under the miscroscope appears gell-like, yellowish with red streeks down it's body as it matures, it's body gets moore and more streeks which appears like hair strands or tenackles all over it's body. to the naked eye it appears like a small black bug. found some on the bed, some more on the bathroom curtain, in drawers which had papers and lots on the kitchen counter. It seems like it's the egg, nimph and larvae stage which are the pests and does all the crawling and most of the biting, because those are much smaller and almost totally transparent, except from the little lines of blood going through it's body. Hoping to get some pictures soon to place on line.
|

replied December 5th, 2011
I've been having the same problem and I ripped my house apart cleaning for this last week to no avail. I was looking around online and someone on another site mentioned pyemotes mites, also called itching mites. Humans are not the preferred host, so not many people know about them. Apparently you get them from being outdoors or near wooded areas. They are so tiny they simply ride the wind when the worm they are usually a parasite of in the US (oak midge larvae) isn't readily available. I don't know for certain if this is what it is, but I have yet to find any other bug in my house...not a single one anywhere. All I know for certain is that this is making me crazy, it's like I can feel them crawling on my skin, in my ears...it's soooo gross! I can't even find anything about how to treat them other than washing where you get bitten so that it doesn't get infected when you scratch. If anyone knows anything about those or anything else that is pretty much invisible but leaves bites, please share.
|

replied January 18th, 2012
I have these exact same things
I'm in Oakland and I started getting this a few weeks ago, they drive me nuts!! My dermatologist didn't know what it was... I've torn up my bedroom and house and my poor cat practically gets examined everyday and runs from me when I start running my fingers thoroughly through his fur. We're all doomed, aren't we? I can't find any evidence of any bug and what's worse, they keep coming.... :/

Anyone came up with any solutions yet that doesn't destroy your skin?? (I have ridiculously sensitive pale skin and a nose like a dog (I can't sleep if there's some smelly lotion on my body))??? Solutions?????
|

replied February 12th, 2012
I have been suffering with this for almost 2yrs. I am going crazy! I have been to 3 different doctors. Dermatologist says it's an allergy, GP says bite as they have a pinpoint in the middle. I have searched my home for bugs, had an exterminator and still no answers. It consumes my life! Pls help! Summer, winter no matter what season!
|

replied February 16th, 2012
bed bugs
Do some research on diatomaceos earth food grade, and how it is a non toxic cheap solution to treating any type of bug. Sounds like bed bugs, they don't live on your bed, they live In the walls and climb on you at night.
|

replied February 16th, 2012
Do some research on diatomaceos earth food grade, and how it is a non toxic cheap solution to treating any type of bug. Sounds like bed bugs, they don't live on your bed, they live In the walls and climb on you at night.
|