Medical Questions > Mental Health > Autism Forum

Slow development

Must Read
Start to understand this serious developmental disorder here. We review causes of autism, risk factors for development and other related health conditions...
Researchers believe that environmental and genetic reasons cause autism. But what group(s) are more at risk than others? Autism causes and risk factors here....
Main symptoms of autism involve communication, behavior and social difficulties - but when do these appear? and what symptoms are truly caused by autism?...
He knows a lot of words, but has only limited ability to put them together to express his ideas. He can say "eat bread", "let's go home",and most other basic needs, but he never says something like "mom, don't go there, play with me". Some pronunciations are clear, some are not, and some are not understandable. He doesn't play with peers, although he often shows great interests to familiar adults (neighbors, friends), and makes eye contacts. He is very intimate to family members. He was born one month earlier, and has weak motor skills. He can jump, but never jumps down from a small step, and we have brought him to a motor training program now. He shows no interests in playing most toys, and is only interested in music toys and interactive toys (we bought him a toy phone that can randomly ask players to recognize the numbers, colors, and figures on it, he loves it and play very well, almost makes no mistakes!). He can follow most orders, but sometimes it is hard to manage him -- once he needs something he must get it almost without waiting. Please help me!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 3rd, 2010
I suggest that you have him assessed by a child psychologist and get him some speech therapy. It sounds like he is developmentally delayed. These people will help you in helping your child to learn and grow.
|

User Profile
replied July 3rd, 2010
I suggest that you have him assessed by a child psychologist and get him some speech therapy. It sounds like he is developmentally delayed. These people will help you in helping your child to learn and grow.
|