Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

Slip and fall neck injury

Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....
Hi,

About 5 days ago I had a slip and fall at work. Long story short, I hit shoulder first on the ground. The knee and ankle issues are no longer of concern. The following few days I had some inflammation in my neck and upper shoulder. As that has subsided, I have continued to have numbness down my arm and in my hand and a stabbing pain in in various locations in my shoulder, with occasional pains coming down the neck. I have had X-Rays which came back as negative for any damage in the shoulder. I have noticed, when walking, my injured arm doesn't swing naturally as does my other arm. The times when the pain is most noticeable is when it is in a stationary position, also a position such as opening my car door from a seated position (left arm), making a right turn on the steering wheel, or if I am carrying something with the arm by my side. All of the previous movements, and walking result in heightened tingling and numbness for a time. I am taking an anti-inflammatory and hydrocodone, and the medications haven't really resulted in less pain, but have made it feel more localized. Like I can pin point the location of it better. I have the impression that the doctor doesn't feel it's of concern, and based on some comments about "not wanting to get laid off" that he may doubt my claims. I am seeking some direction for what the potential problem may be, and any information I can use to better guide my physician. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 19th, 2012
seek opinions from other physicians...
|
Did you find this post helpful?