Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

Slight tingling/numbness/pain in left side of chest+arm. Urgent!

Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....
I'm a 16 year old male. I have eoephillicesophagitis (no idea how it's spelled, but white cells react to certain foods I eat). I have mild asthma that is controlled for the most part. About a month and a half ago, I started having chest pains. I went to see my doctor and suggested we do an endoscopy. The scoping returned that the number of white cells in my esophagus has spiked drastically. With this, my doctor upped my medicine. The chest pains started to go away, but I also started to feel two weird sensations. One was a discomfort in my stomach area. I have to adjust myself to make it comfortable. The second feeling was pressure in my left chest area. It feels like someone has their hand on my chest, but isn't pushing down that hard. Then, a week ago, my left chest area and arm started to become tingly. It wasn't strong, but it wasn't slight either. I can also have a quick numb sensation in instead of tingling. Another problem is that I will be leaving in a few hours to fly from Michigan to Phenox, AR, then to California. Please help, as I am desperate right now.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 4th, 2012
I just went to the ER, and they took an EKG, took blood pressure, took temperature, checked breathing, checked lungs, everything was normal. Although I was still having chest pains, the doctor have me a drink that coated the esophagus. It was essentially a numbing drink, and it literally numbed everything, including my mouth. After letting it settle, I could not feel as much pain as I was when I first entered the ER. The doctor and I concluded that it was my esophagus and discharged me. All in all, it was pretty successful. I now know that: If I'm having chest pains on my left side, it's because of my esophagus, not my heart. Well, I hope everyone with eoephillicesophagitis and/or acid reflux will know now that their chest pain isn't a sign of a hert attack, it's just acid and your esophagus acting up.
|
Did you find this post helpful?