Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hemorrhoids Forum

slight anal leakage after I have a BM?

User Profile
I've been having some slight anal leakage after I have a BM, and then it starts to itch and burn, getting chafed, and occasionally I have a little blood from the chafing. My family doctor has diagnosed it as thinning skin once, then yeast most recently from an antitbiotic I took. She's put me on two different types of cortisone cream, one with an anti-fungal part too. While the yeast may be correct, its the chafing and burning that is so irritating and frustrating. What is causing this? I do have an internal hemorrhoid. Is this what's causing it or is it thinning skin from age? I'm 64, and not on any hormones. Thank you.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 16th, 2011
Hemorrhoids Answer A20928
Hello and welcome to eHealth forum!

Since there is chafing and thinning of the skin, there is some fluid coming out from the gut. Pelvic floor dysfunction, damage to the anal sphincter muscles or nerves of the anal sphincter muscles or the rectum, diarrhea, constipation, IBS, and loss of storage capacity in the rectum are a few causes. At your age it can also be a weak pelvic floor.

Some exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor, along with some treatment to control acidity, gas, constipation etc if you have will help. A multivitamin pill may also help, especially those with Vit B12. Please discuss this with your PCP and gynecologist as a confirmed diagnosis and management is not possible on net. Hope this helps. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hemorrhoids , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.