Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

Sleep paralysis and Epilepsy ?

Must Read
Click here to learn more about what causes epilepsy and the different types of epilepsy. Start here to learn about the basics of this type of brain disorder. ...
Get the facts on epilepsy types. Identify signs & symptoms of epilepsy. We outline different types of epileptic seizures so you know when to seek help....
How can you know if you're having an epileptic seizure? We outline how doctors clinically diagnose epilepsy and other seizures here....
Okay so I have Epilepsy so I don't have if it is sleep paralysis or not. Here is what happens, when I start to fall alseep I get this charged tingling feeling. When I get this feeling, I know I won't be able to move unless I wake up. If I can wake up I still get this werid charged sensation in my head but I can move and go back to sleep. If I don't this tingling comes, my ears start ringing and I can't move. So is this sleep paralysis? Or is this my Epilepsy? I hope im making sense!!!!! Thanks!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper matagari
|

replied November 7th, 2010
Answer to question is it epilepsy or sleep paralysis.
I get something very similar, I have sleep paralysis and not epilepsy to the best of my knowledge. Except I get the paralysis first and the buzzing in the head always precedes being able to move again. It's very intense and noisey.
|
Did you find this post helpful?