Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

Sleep masterbation

I am a 22yr old woman an have been living with my bf of 3yrs for 5 months. For the past 3 months he has been accusing me of playing with myself in the middle of the night. He doesn't believe me when I say I was sleep. Even says that as soon as he moves or turns over I immediatly stop. But I never recall these things happening. An he doesn't believe me when I say I was asleep and don't remember. I have waken up before with my hand between my legs but how am I suppose to know what goes on while I'm sleep. This is causing problems in my relationship because it is making him feel like I am sexually unsatisfed which is far from true. After a little browsing I see I am not the only person to have gone through this but I also see there is no exact dignosis. Is this sexsomnia? What causes it? An how can this be treated?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper devotedgirlfriend
|

replied February 20th, 2011
Re: Sleep masterbation
Im 33 and i do the same thing .i have no memory but my boyfriend tells me i do it. I also wake up very tired and irretable sometimes. he says i do this every night. this is also causing problems in my relationship.
Rissa007 wrote:
I am a 22yr old woman an have been living with my bf of 3yrs for 5 months. For the past 3 months he has been accusing me of playing with myself in the middle of the night. He doesn't believe me when I say I was sleep. Even says that as soon as he moves or turns over I immediatly stop. But I never recall these things happening. An he doesn't believe me when I say I was asleep and don't remember. I have waken up before with my hand between my legs but how am I suppose to know what goes on while I'm sleep. This is causing problems in my relationship because it is making him feel like I am sexually unsatisfed which is far from true. After a little browsing I see I am not the only person to have gone through this but I also see there is no exact dignosis. Is this sexsomnia? What causes it? An how can this be treated?
Shocked
|

replied April 28th, 2012
I am a 33 yr old man and have had the same problem for 15 years, on and off. I have never known of anyone else with this problem and have no idea how to treat it/stop it. Sometimes I am semi-conscious, but am unable to keep myself from masturbating in my sleep. It is really irritating and frustrating. My wife knows that I have the problem, so it does not really cause marital problems, but I always feel guilty, even when I know I can't help it. What treatment/remedy have you found for it?
|

replied December 19th, 2013
Has anybody found any resolution to this? Any treatment or ...? What did you try to solve this? I'm a 28 year old man dealing with the same problem. Thanks!
|

replied December 21st, 2013
Experienced User
Not so sure I would worry too much about this. It is quite normal during REM sleep for a male to experience an erection and a female to experience clitoral engorgement. For males, this is referred to as "morning wood."

Suggest discussing with partner. You might be well served by just considering this to be part of a normal sleep experience and letting it go at that.
|