Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Skipping a period with velivet

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
I'm on Velivet and heard with such pills as Ortho-Lo, you can skip the inactive pills in a pack and start a new pack and skip your period for this month. Is this true of Velivet? If so, what are the possible side effects of doing this? I would never consider doing this on a regular basis, but I am traveling next month during the week I expect my period and would really really like to avoid having period-related issues during this trip. Thank you.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 19th, 2008
Menstruation Answer A4932
Current medical status: No current condition

Current medical treatment: Velivet birth control

It seems that you can achieve period skipping if you throw away the inactive pills and instead of them continue with a new pack of Velivet.

Irregular vaginal bleeding is a possible side effect of doing this.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.