Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Fibromyalgia Forum

Skin Sensetivity to Touch (like a sunburn without a burn)

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
I have had skin sensetivity to the touch before on the tops of my thighs. I would only notice it when using the restroom cause I usually wear loose pants. For the past week or two, I have had this same thing but on my back. On the left side, from the shoulder blade to the middle of my back and around to the side of my left breast. Wearing a bra is very uncomfortable. I don't know if these other symptoms are related, but I have a hard time going and staying asleep. My body wants to stay awake even though I'm tired. I wake up several times during the night. My hands are usually asleep in the morning. I hurt a lot in the mornings and it sort of tapers off throughout the day the more I move around. I keep pulling a muscle in my neck, it'll last a couple of days and be fine again. My lower back has been hurting for weeks, but x-rays showed everything was fine. I know these symptoms somewhat describe fibromyalgia, but I'm not sure if this is what it is. I don't necessarily feel fatigued. My muscles feel a little achey, but I am also overweight. I'm just not sure what to do or where to turn. Any suggestions?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 8th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy

replied June 12th, 2011
I HAVE THE SAME SYMPTOM, ON OCCASION. FIBRO HAS SOOO MANY DIFFERENT SYMPTOMS AND THEY SOMETIMES TAKE TURNS.ONE DAY THIS, ONE DAY THAT. I'VE BEEN SUFFERING FOR 20 YEARS AND HAVE ARTHRITIS ON TOP OF IT. KEEP IN TOUCH.....

JERI817
|

replied June 11th, 2012
polymyalgia ??
You may consider asking your doctor to do some blood tests to check your inflammatory levels. The tests are ESR and CRP, and if they are raised it can mean a disease called Polymyalgia, I was diagnosed with it in 2006, and I improve during the day as you do.
|