Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

skin feels hot to the touch

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
my girlfriend skin feels hot to the touch as if she has a fever. but her temp is 96/97.8

she's so hot that when she sits down or lays down and gets back up after a few minutes and you touch the couch spot or whatever she was sitting on it feels really warm like a heater was on it. she never complains or says anything about it tho so it's as if she dont know she's so hot.

it's starting to get into the relationship because i cant sleep with her at night sometimes because it's just to darn hot because i can feel alot of heat coming from her body.

also when she hugs me or so i can smell something odd on her. it soirt of smells like firewood or something but on her skin. i dont understand why/what the smell is.

she went to the doc because she sweats at night and they gave her a medicine to put under her arms or something when she goes to bed.

what could this problem be? i posted it here because i dont know what kind of topic it would go under.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 10th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
The hypothalamus, a structure at the base of the brain, is responsible for regulating internal temperature. Perhaps she should see a neurologist. You should maybe go with her and report what you have observed. An MRI would reveal any anomaly with the hypothalamus.
|

replied June 10th, 2008
even tho her body temp is normal?
|