Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

Skin Cancer Concern

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
i have 2 moles behind my ear and they look ok but sometimes i get a pain and that area is always red

should i worry or is it me been paranoid
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 8th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Changes in the appearance and sensations of moles always warrant medical attention.
If red area means that the moles are inflamed (mole with the reddish edge) and if the moles feel itchy or painful, they aren't normal moles.
It is good to get checked!
|

replied April 8th, 2009
or is it me worrying all the time about them hurting making it hurt or itch also i dont wash my hair very often so it could be that reason making that area itch
|

User Profile
replied April 21st, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Don't dismiss symptoms.
If you are worried about a symptom, don't ignore it. Even if it turns out to be nothing, it is important to have peace of mind. Plus, if the moles do need to be removed, it isn't that big of a deal. They probably aren't cancerous, but if they are irritating you, they might still need to be taken off.

I would agree that it could be your hair if the rest of your scalp itched, especially if you had dandruff. Just having itching in that one area sounds like it could be something else. Go get it looked at.
|
Quick Reply