Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sinusitis Forum

Sinus infection for 3 months

Must Read
Do you have a cold or a sinus infection? Learn the difference plus more info on different types of sinus infections (sinusitis) here....
What can cause a short-term or long-term case of sinus infection? We review both. Learn how to avoid the risk of developing an infection in this section....
What are the first signs that you have trouble with your sinuses? Learn to identify a sinus infection early ... plus know when you should seek medical help....
For about six months I had headaches many times a week then in December 2009 my ears starting hurting. I went to the urgent care and they gave me Z pack and nose spray, and Claritin D. The Claritin D about killed me, I was a nervous wreck but the Z pack seemed to work. About a week later it was back so they gave me Z pack 10 days instead of the normal 5 day. I was in Israel at the time and still had constant headaches. I got home and the day after I was done with that pack it was back again! I went to the doc again and they gave m nasal spray and allegra and Biaxin. I took biaxin for a day and a half andthought I was going to die! My stomach was killing me and I was so sick. So I stopped she called me in another antiobiotic but I am sick of them! I am not going to take it. I have been using the neti pot for a couple of days and it seems to help my headaches but now my ears fill full and my neck is swollen. I broke down today and just started crying. I have no energy, my house is a mess, I am in college and have no desire to study. I got in with an ENT on Monday, I can not wait! I guess I will just have to deal with my ears hurting and burning until then. I don't know what else to do.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 21st, 2010
I have always kept a sinus infection. I went through the same cycles as you have. I would be well and then another one would usually be less than a week away. It seemed that I was always on some sort of antibiotic. I kept on to where I would go in and see the doctor and he would already know why I was coming in before he eve enter the room to see me. I though it was never going to end.

My Mother-in-law started my on a product called Reliv at the beginning of this year. It is really just a nutrition shake. I take it twice a day and I have not been to the doctor since I started taking it in January. I have always keep a sinus infection and at first I didn't really think about the improvements except for the fact that I seemed to have more energy but around Easter I noticed that I was smelling something that I have never smelt before. I had to ask what it was and it turns out that it was an Easter Lilly. I had never smelt them before due to my sinus issues, so I highly recommend the product for people with sinus issues. I can get you some information on it if your interested in giving it a try. I know from my own personal experience that I had improvements with it.
|

replied August 15th, 2011
Reliv nutrition shakes
I have been suffering for about 7 yrs with chronic sinus infections. As of the past 8 months, I have kept one that flares up every couple weeks. I would love to know which Reliv shake you take that has helped you. I went to their website, but there are many to choose from. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
|

User Profile
replied July 21st, 2010
Experienced User
Also try using a Neti Pot to flush your sinuses daily
|

replied August 26th, 2011
It's not necessarily exclusively an infection, other influences include humidity, allergies, and so on. With the neti pot, you may be getting water farther than you want it. A convenient spray like Sinox can help you achieve the desired effect much more easily. Keep track of when your sinuses bother you, including the environment, your general health, and other factors. You'll have to try out a number of approaches to find what works best for you!
|
Tags: Headaches
Quick Reply