Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sinusitis Forum

Sinus Buster nasal spray ? (Page 1)

Must Read
Do you have a cold or a sinus infection? Learn the difference plus more info on different types of sinus infections (sinusitis) here....
What can cause a short-term or long-term case of sinus infection? We review both. Learn how to avoid the risk of developing an infection in this section....
What are the first signs that you have trouble with your sinuses? Learn to identify a sinus infection early ... plus know when you should seek medical help....
I've been hearing good things about it but before I buy it I was wondering if anyone else had tried it. I have chonic sinusitis and like most people I've tried a lot of remedies and most dont work like they say.
Thanks,
Andy
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper brianj1400
|

replied April 16th, 2009
sinusitis
Hello Andy,

I have personally never used the sinus buster but my doctor did prescibe me something called sinus dynamics. It has worked incredibly and it so easy to use.

Good luck with your search.
|

replied April 18th, 2009
I'm sold
Yeah, I use Sinus Buster. Once I got used to the burn, it has become a godsend. I use two squirts in each nostril in the morning, and one squirt every 4-6 hours after that. It basically creates an irrigation system out of your own mucuous, and the result is astounding. I'm experiencing allergy relief for the first time in my life. My problems had more to do with rhinitis than sinusitis.
|

replied June 11th, 2009
I HAVE ALSO TRIED THIS PRODUCT WHEN I CAME BACK FROM THE ENT YESTERDAY AND GOT NOTHING BUT A SCHEDULE FOR A CT SCAN A WEEK AWAY AND FOLLOW UP WITH HIM 2 WEEKS AWAY...I HAD RUN ACROSS THIS FORUM MENTIONING THIS SPRAY AND FIGURED I WOULD GIVE IT A TRY...KNOWING I COULD NOT WAIT A WEEK TILL I FOUND OUT IF I HAD A SINUS INFECTION, I HAD TO AT LEAST TRY IT...I FEEL LIKE I WILL BE HEADING TOWARD NASAL SURGERY FOR DEVIATED SEPTUM....HOWEVER, THIS SPRAY HAS CLEARED UP MY BIGGEST SPOT OF BLOCKAGE, UP NEAR WHERE THE DEVIATION IS...ALSO, IT ALLOWED ME TO BE IN THE AC WITHOUT GETTING IMMEDIATELY BLOCKED....I WANT TO CONTINUE THE PRODUCT TILL I CAN SORT OUT THE ISSUE OF SURGERY ...HOWEVER, I AM JUST WONDERING IF THE CONTENTS OF THIS SPRAY WILL DO LONG TERM DAMAGE TO SENSITIVE TISSUE? HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS RESULT WITH SINUS BUSTER? AND WHAT ABOUT LONG TERM USE?
|

replied June 17th, 2009
I just ordered some today so i'll let you know what the results are when i try it.
|

replied June 24th, 2009
Well i've been using it for several days and thh results are mixed. It does seem to offer some relief when i use it but it'd made no difference to the sinusitis overall; that still gets worse on a daily basis. For what it cost plus shipping i wouldn't buy it again but might try sinol instead if anything. I'm waiting for something called a saltpipe at the moment which is supposed to be amazing for all sorts of respiratory conditions so i'll see if that has any impact on my symptoms. Watch this space.
|

replied June 29th, 2009
Sinus problems, Sinus Buster
I've had sinus problems since I was a kid do, mostly, to allergies. Over the years I've tried a number of different products with the last being cortisone-based sprays. After a year or so even they stopped working. About 5 years ago I began using Sinus Buster. At first the 'burn' was pretty rough. After I got used to it I found the results were excellent. Best of all, the product continues to work. It hasn't lost its effectiveness over the years. My only gripe is that the product no longer comes in the original spray bottle - only the metered dose.
|

replied June 29th, 2009
How long does the metered dose last? The spray i got is nearly gone in two weeks and that's not eve nusing it all the time. I would be spending £35 a month for saome mild relief and it's just not worth it. I wonder if the metered dose would last longer. Of course the causes and what works are different for most people and if i'd have had better results i wouldn't be complaining.

Anyway the saltpipe has helped with the fatigue and breathing but had no effect on the sinusitis so far but i've only been using it two days. I felt the benefit straight away with the fatigue and my breathing is gradually improving. One thing worth mentioning is that you can use saltpipes nasally as well for sinusitis and allergic rhinitis. At the very least it's going to clean my lungs out and counteract the effects of pollution where i live (apparently it's the second worst in the uk) and for that alone it was worth it.
|

replied July 12th, 2009
departed, I too experience fatigue, could you describe yours? and how do you use a saltpipe? where is it found? thanks...dr's say fatigue is not a symptom of sinus issues....which makes it even harder to get treatment here
|

replied July 18th, 2009
Bnosey1125 wrote:
departed, I too experience fatigue, could you describe yours? and how do you use a saltpipe? where is it found? thanks...dr's say fatigue is not a symptom of sinus issues....which makes it even harder to get treatment here

Hi bnosey i had written out a reply but i seem to have lost it. Sad

In a nutshell it's like i have CFS. I read that people with cfs or fatigue improved after surgery so that would suggest there is a connection. I think there is as it seems to get worse as the sinusitis does. I will see after the surgery.

I can't post links here but it goes by two names; cisca saltpipe or aroma therapipe. There are other types, some with refills but i believe these are the original but with different names. I just place it between my lips and breathe normally for 10 minutes and then place it under each nostril and take about 25 breaths on each side.

The proper way to do it is to breathe in through the mouth and out through the nose and vice versa if your doing it nasally. It can be used with essential oils as well and i just got some peppermint oil which is refreshing! It's supposed to increase the effectiveness of the saltpipe too.

It hasn't really had an impact on the sinusitis but then nothing has. I got it for other purposes anyway and at the very least i'm taking care of my respiratory health. It's basically cleaning your lungs.

Do some research on salt therapy though, there's a lot of info on the web. Best

TJ
|

replied November 10th, 2009
Sinol Allergy/Sinus Nasal Spray w/capsaicin
Use Sinol Nasal Spray, available at Rite Aid. It also ultizes capsaicin but is much easier to use. Website is very impressive and have many doctors and clinical trials behind them. I have been using it for 16 months and I am a new woman, love it!!
|

replied December 4th, 2009
Capsaicin is the same stuff that is used in Pepper Spray, carried by Police and Military.
|

replied December 9th, 2009
Steer clear of Sinus Buster!!!
Steer clear of this product!!!

Honestly, it is one of the most painful experiences to spray this in your nose. IT SEVERLY BURNS YOUR NASAL CAVITY!!!. Any benefit it provides (which is little in my opinion) is FAR outweighed by the extreme pain. No joke, it's pepper spray up your nose. Dumb idea for a product.
|

replied December 20th, 2009
Sinus Buster good but not necessarily practical
I haven't used this stuff in years. The first time I took it, it was one of the most painful 5 seconds in my life. But then I got used to it.

I had headaches all the time and this only provided temporary relief and it was getting expensive to use it everyday. I went through two bottles very quickly.

I went to a chiropractor and he discovered that my neck and back was out of alignment and causing my headaches. After some treatment from the chiropractor, I never had to use sinus buster again!

I wouldn't recommend sinus buster as a permanent, long-term solution to your sinus/headache problems. I would only recommend it for the occasional sinus/headache sufferer.

There are more practical solutions out there and you can't be dependent on sinus buster for the rest of your life.
|

replied December 25th, 2009
Sinus Buster just issued results from a rigorous clinical study run at a leading medical research facility. It apparently worked incredibly well agaist congestion and sinus pain. And completely safe. No rebound. Do not accept any knock off capcaicin products with similar sounding names like the one mentioed above. It is definitely not the same!!!
|

replied January 16th, 2010
Sinus buster
Thanks to everyone. I jotted down all your suggestions. My ent will not give me anything else. He said there is nothing else out there. He has written me a prescription for everything possible. Pills, sprays, etc. Nothing works. I get 2 allergy shots each week, allergy pillow cases, cleaned my ductwork, got new carpet, nettie pot, all OTC medicines, saline sprays. I sleep in an upright position. I am excited to have maybe have found a solution.
|

replied January 24th, 2010
JUST WANTED TO CHIME IN AS A LONG SUFFERING SINUSITIS CASE. I TRIED SINUS BUSTER...PAINFUL AND REALLY NO HELP. I EAT CAPSICAIN, DRINK IT BUT NOT OF ANY BIG HELP. I SEE OTHER CAPSICAIN SINUS FORMULAS SUCH AS DR. SCHULZE'S BUT HAVEN'T TRIED. I'M SCHEDULED FOR FESS SURGERY AND HAVE MIXED FEELINGS ABOUT DOING SOMETHING SO SEVERE. WISH THERE WAS AN ALTERNATIVE. SO MANY OTHER PRODUCTS OUT THERE. I KEEP TRYING THEM AND RESEARCHING. GOOD LUCK
|

replied February 10th, 2010
Sinus Buster
I have just started using the Sinus Buster which I bought at Rite Aid for about $15. I have had chronic sinusitis for about 25 years and had surgery which was of no benefit. I dont know about long range effects but the sinus buster has helped me tremendously already. I breathe easier with little sinus congestion. I was having a lot of bloody mucous and no more of that so far either. I plan to continue using this. I can tolerate the short burning sensation in my nasal passages when I first use it because it doesnt last long and is so worth it!
|

replied February 10th, 2010
Sinus buster did not help me. I even bought casicain oil and made my own spray...ouch! But still no relief. good luck. I'm scheduled for surgery...uuugh
|

replied February 20th, 2010
I can't believe this would be a good thing to put in your nose!

I have chronic sinusitis--the drainage feels like a lump in my throast. Most of my life. No allergies. Two yrs ago I had surgery to remove a cyst filling most of the maxilarry sinus, causing blockage and infection because things couldn't drain. (Though I always felt I had signs of irritating drainage). Things are better but I feel like the more I use the sinus rinse the more I NEED to use it! What's that all about?

Sue
|
Quick Reply