Medical Questions > Parenting > Single Parents Forum

single mom-support issue

User Profile
well... for the first month, my sons dad was around... lovin on him and what not, but all of a sudden he just left out with his girlfriend... up and moved w/o telling me.... i really dont WANT to hit the child support button, but im 19 and really kinda need it.... so for the last 2 months ive done alot of thinking.... i told him that all he had to do was make an effort and id never touch the child support--he didnt even have to buy anything! ...but he disappeared! whats up with that...?!... anyway, im on medicaid and i know they can force it, but my son has my last name and steve's name isnt on anything..... i dont really know what to do... if i should bother with it, or just leave it alone.... i basically just want some opinions!!!
plus, ive kinda sorta been seeing this guy since aiden(my son) was about a month old, and now im gettin a little worried because i still havent had a period...................... but it could just be one ofthose things...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 2nd, 2008
Especially eHealthy
Child support isn't for YOU. It is your son's right to be supported financially by BOTH parents. There is a reason for child support laws - they are for the child.
|

User Profile
replied June 22nd, 2008
i dont need money for ME... i dont buy anything for myself anymore... but i do need the money for diapers and such!... i didnt mean i needed cash for myself
|

User Profile
replied September 17th, 2008
File for child support! Do it for the well-being of your child.
|

replied September 17th, 2008
Is that a pic of your child? He is adorable. You owe it to your adorable little guy to file for support. You need to give him everything you can in life.
|

replied January 29th, 2009
Child Support
As a single mother of 3 girls, trust me, you definitely need the child support. I work a full time job and make good money, but raising children gets to be expensive. That sweet little baby is going to cost more money as he continues to grow. Your baby's father has a responsibility to take care of his child. Definitely go for the child support. You will not regret it.

Wendy
|

User Profile
replied May 24th, 2009
Supporter
get your child support! how dear he live w/o telling you leaving his son behind.

my son is 13 years old and i get $80 a month in support. that's $20 a week. what could i do with that. he had his change to make it right when he was there, but he wanted to be irresponsible. why are you being nice.

im having problems i asked for an increase, they told me i have to wait three years from when i applied, which will be the end of next year.
the system is screwed up!
|
Tags: period, touch, aiden
Quick Reply