Medical Questions > Cancer > Colon Cancer Forum

Single diminutive sigmoid polyp found.

Must Read
Colorectal cancer is serious and life-threatening. This section outline types of colorectal cancers, causes and risk factors for development. Get the facts here...
Although most colon cancers begin slowly, there are some people who are more at risk of developing colorectal cancer than others. But who? And why?...
As symptoms of colorectal cancer appear, they typically vary upon location and size. Learn to identify signs and symptoms early. Know when to seek help....
I'm 65 years old (Oct 1945), & just had my 2nd colonoscopy in 10-11 years. Doc found a single diminutive polyp in the sigmoid colon. Got results today & they said Pathology showed the polyp tissue to be adenomatous or precancerous. Current guidelines recommend repeat colonoscopy for further screening in 5 years. I've no family history but for last ~ 8 months have been more sedentary than any other time in my life & under stress. Is it possible that this could contribute to this Dx? If so, or not, any recommendations about what I should do to lower my risk? I'm now being more active & have decreased stress in my life.
Any & all help would be appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|