Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > Recovery & Post-Op Forum

since being out of hospital I can't stop crying...

I don't know whats wrong with me , last year on my birthday I was rushed in to hospital and nearly died from septicaemia and was put on life support , they had to operate on me to get pus out from round my organs , I then had to have a op 3 weeks ago due to getting 2 hernias so they had to open old scar since being out of hospital I can't stop crying I get out of the house and see people but when I'm alone I just cry . I'm happy one min and crying the next , in 4 days it's a year since I went through hell and I don't know if my problem is all in my head please help me I hate being like this Sad
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied October 23rd, 2012
Especially eHealthy

You have been through some very serious life changing situations. But, it now sounds like you have a full blown case of clinical depression.

You need to see someone about this. You can see a psychiatrist (MD), or if you prefer, a psychologist (PhD). But, either way you really need to see someone, and get this under control. Having depression does not mean that you are weak or crazy. You have a medical illness, which needs treatment.

See someone. Good luck.
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply