Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Epilepsy Forum

simple/complex partial seizures

Must Read
Learn the basics about various conditions and diseases, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options....
Learn about risk factors to developing a certain conditions and diseases. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for certain conditions and diseases....
Can simple partial seizures or complex partial seizures develop into grand mal seizures? I used to only have simple partial seizures (about one every few months) but have recently begun having complex partial seizures on a daily basis. For the past 3 months I feel like I have a constant aura, it's really weird and Im sick of living like this. Im worried it will progress into something worse.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 10th, 2011
A complex partial seizure can lead to you going into convulsions if it last for several minutes. I have about 10 to 15 simple partial seizures a day but they only progress into complex partial ones a few times a month. If you have more seizures over a short period of time (days), it can cause you to develop adjustment problems (problems dealing with the change in frequency) and lead to emotional problems. The emotions and worrying causes stress which can make the seizure more frequent. Epilepsy usually does not just get worse all of a sudden on its own. Usually it is something else causing the seizures to occur more frequently. Try to find out anything you do differently than you did before they became more frequent. You will have to ask your doctor about it though.
|
Did you find this post helpful?