Medical Questions > Mens Health > Penis Forum

Signs of penile cancer

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
User Profile
Several weeks ago, I woke up one morning with a pain in my pee hole. It was only painful when it was touched. When I opened the pee hole and looked, all I saw was a little redness in the corner, more on one side than the other. There were no other obvious symptoms: no burning, blistering, discharge, growths, pain while peeing, nothing.

After that first day, it gradually, but slowly, improved. During that time, I was tested for UTI, herpes, HIV, and syphillis: all negative. I even took a weeks worth of antibiotics and acyclovir (which I did on my own) before being tested for herpes.

After about 4 weeks the pain is all but gone but there is still a little redness. If the trend continues, I think it will be gone completely in one or two days.

Questions:
If it was cancer, would it go away and return to normal like it has?
I have an appointment with a urologist next week. If it's all gone can and/or will he give me a biopsy or any other test to prove or disprove anything?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 2nd, 2009
Penis Answer A5610
Current medical status: Negative tests for UTI, herpes, HIV, syphillis
Current medical treatment: Doctor prescribed an antibiotic for infection (sufamethoxlose ?) I also took acyclovir before the herpes test because I already had that medication on hand since I have oral herpes.

If it was penile cancer it would look like an ulceration that tends to become worse in time. Cancer never returns to normal spontaneously without treatment. Discrete redness is not a sign of penile cancer and the urologist probably won’t take any biopsy.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Penis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.