Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Spinal Injuries Forum

si joint injury , how long to heal

3 Months ago I Injured my sacroiliac joints at work Pushing a 80 Lb box up a 32 ft later. IM Getting Steroid injections and They don't Help. What's the next Step? and how long will i be down, is this permanent?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 9th, 2011
I am sorry you were injured. I know how you feel. I've had issues with my right SI joint since a 2007 rear end accident. I also have a herniated and degenerated L5-S1 disk. I have had the injections for the SI joint. Although I felt good while numb, once the numbness wore off, the steroid injection did not ever help me. I actually had radio-frequency ablation on my right side. It has helped for a while, but the nerves grow back. I am still dealing with the pain. My problem is that the pain from the disk and SI joint is similar, so I am not so sure which is causing my pain. They probably both are causing issues. My doctor said he would not recommend fusion of the joint for some reason. I am looking at a fusion for the disc though. My fear is that it really is the SI joint causing a lot of my pain.

My pain is in my rt buttock, it is sometimes shooting pain, other times it is just a deep ache in my butt and thigh. If I am laying down and push my pelvis backwards (the opposite of a pelvic tilt exercise) there is definitely a sharp pain on my right side, I am just not positive it's my joint or from the disk.

I am very frustrated. If the injections don't work, you may want to look into the radio frequency ablation. It is usually longer lasting than injections.

Good luck. I don't wish this pain on anyone.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply