Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

Shoulder popped out and back in

Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....
today i did benchpress, and when my right arm was up straight after pushing the weight up, the weight caused my shoulder to pop out. when i suddenly released and dropped the right side of the weight, it popped back in.

and after that there is this kind of aching and hurting feeling whenever i rotated it around although it isnt a really sharp pain. it just hurts when i flexes my shoulder muscles and rotated it etc.

i have a match the day after tomorrow, anyone has any idea whether it would recover by then? and what should i do to speed up the recovery?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 5th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Hopefully this is better now...If not check with your Orthopedist...Once they do this, they can be troublesome as they like to pop out again...Take care...

Caroline
|

User Profile
replied December 13th, 2009
I got the same injury just yesterday. No one has replied to my question yet, but I did some reserach. It is probably best for you to let it heal. Wait at least a week or two before doing anything activities with your arm, to prevent further injury. When your shoulder pops out the first time, it becomes more likely it will pop out again the same way. I got another basketball game next week, and I can't seem to find any ways to recover faster. Sad
|