Medical Questions > Debate Forums > General Debate Forum

Should we celebrate birthdays?

Why would we celebrate that?

Do you guys think that your birth was good or something?

What an awful thing to celebrate in my opinion.

What do you think?

And oh yes, instead of one day out of the year to give someone a party, why not five or ten days, I thought that you all needed more help than that usually. One day? Besides christmas?

So, two days out of the year, you do things for eachother?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 27th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
sounds like u r upset about something and I don't think birthdays r that thing as u can say the same about mothers day, fathers day, grandparents day, Thanksgiving day . . .
|

replied June 29th, 2011
Active User, very eHealthy
Well, those are not good holidays either really.

Let's not get started on mother's and father's day, why would you get gifts for that?

Why give thanks on thanksgiving?

Valentines day is just kind've #@!@#!

At least there is candy on halloween, but it's overrated.

Of course Im upset, isn't everybody?

The answer is yes.
|

replied June 29th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
Actually most r not upset. Instead of pessimistic view the majority find comfort, togetherness, well being, hope, joy, laughter, comradely and a connectedness to something greater.
just a thought
|

replied June 30th, 2011
Experienced User
the comfort/togetherness/well being/hope/joy/laughter they speak of is what binds them to eachother, but is not as available or as attractive to a schizotypal personality, something lost on most normals. They think we just want to be like them, bored and together, but we had to go out for a better understanding, we have more dopamine receptors, and we are used to haveing them satiated with the ideas that drive some mad.

So on birthdays, especially mine, which I minimize to almost nothing these days, while trying not to be offensive in any way to the small group of people around me who might suggest something (it's more like 'why didn't you tell me it was your birthday, and conveniently situated right after christmas and new years and the wife's birthday, everybody s tired of that stuff and happy enough to let me have my non birthday), cause like you, I think about it, don't just let the togetherness of my species tell me how things should be, and I completely agree, what a horrible, absurd thing, to celebrate. My mom had a point when she said it should really be her getting gifts and celbrating, as she would tell me yet again of the difficult labor she had with me, her first, and as I thought about it this year I came up with the idea that I guess they want to include the members of the community somehow, each person should have a day set aside, (and not five or ten cause look how many people there are here already, unless you narrow it down to the population of your home, or building, or workplace, maybe,) but if you expand it nationally,maybe more appropriate would be a national "charlie" day, a national "onderdonk" day, etc, instead of birthdays, that'd even be a lot more "togetherness" for the normal people. Of course the answer is they celbrate mothers day and thanksgiving day for the same reason they celbrate birthdays - somebody told them that's what they do around here, and they just accepted it. I know most people say the card companies like hallmark created the holidays. Ever wonder if it's more like the demons do it? Cause it's all those people who just take orders from demons unquestioningly, that think like that.

-nepomuk onderdonk
|

replied July 3rd, 2011
Halloween is a great holiday. It's the one day sz's can be themselves without judgement (I love going around telling people about REALITY dressed as an alien, prophet, or demon and being taken as a joke, which we all should).
|

replied July 7th, 2011
Active User, very eHealthy
I hate halloween, I had my first "psychosis"(they call it), on that very night, it was horrendous realizing what was happening, not like when I was a child, just having fun and eating candy, except for that time I was tackled from behind for no reason, the guy landing right on top of me, my bones quaked on the inside, and I dealt with the pain for awhile, physical I mean.

Halloween is just like the others really, but I suppose it affects your opinion if you are tackled, and if you have a "psychosis" on halloween.

But, it isn't fun seeing what it really is on that very night, it was horrendous.

I really hate how parents do that as well, take there kids out to get candy and dress up, how fun.

I disagree destructor, I think that you mean to say, it's the one day that you can hide, or not be yourself, or not have others know what you are, the judgement is always there.

I can't believe your mother said that onderdonk, that is so offensive to your child, your the one that just had to do it mom, the children didn't get you pregnant or make you go through "labor", you owe them so much and it's like you don't even realize it.

Hmmmm, labor pains versus about sixty to eighty years of soul crushing life pains because you had to have sex, weight that one out, even on the scales of deciet that one doesn't weigh out.

Although, perhaps halloween was different way back when, technically different, but the same dum shtuff really.
|
Tags: besides that
Quick Reply