Medical Questions > Relationships > Relationships and Marriage Forum

Should I leave him? he says that I'm the mother and...

Whenever I ask him to take care of the baby he says that I'm the mother and that is my job to take care of her. I shouldn't be asking for help. Earlier I was trying to do my homework and the baby was crying and when I asked him to take care of the baby he said I should do it he's trying to sleep. I don't know if I should leave him or not I really love him a lot but he makes me cry when he won't help out at all. When I was pregnant he left to another state and cheated on me with someone else but i forgave him for that, it still always crosses my mind at times. He makes me cry a lot but we also have our good times. I really want to have a family with him but i dont know what to do anymore. Help me!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 17th, 2012
Experienced User
leave him, u will find someone to look after u both. you both deserve better
|

User Profile
replied March 17th, 2012
Community Volunteer
Hi tiz123 and welcome to ehealth: I think you know what to do, but can't face it...One person can't have all the love for two...It takes two people to make a partnership....Take care...

Caroline
|

replied March 18th, 2012
Sit your partner down and explain to him that his behavior is totally unexceptable and if he wants a family he is going to have to change his ways.
Find a parenting course that you can go to together or if that is not an option separately.
Keep him on track , don't let your guard down with empty promises of change.
Put all your energy into fixing the unhappiness in your life.
HOWEVER, at the end of the day do not live with regret.
If the behavior doesn't change and you have looked at every avenue to correct it, have an exit plan that will not alienate your partner from you and your child as you are connected for decades to come.
Make him aware of this and at the end of the day he can't say he wasn't aware of your unhappiness with his unacceptable behaviour.
Good luck life is tough but have strength .
|