Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Should I have the gallbaldder surgery?

Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
I am 22 years old. I am very petite (5'2 99lbs). Last year I had a HIDA scan done and the test could not determine the ejection rate. I went to the surgeon and he said I don't see a point in taking it out if you are not experiencing any problems. Over the past year I have experienced a lot of heart burn. My stomach always feels acidy. The doctor sent me to have another hida scan done on Monday and it came back saying I only have a 16% ejection rate. I haven't had any "attacks", I have no gall stones and it is not inflamed (atleast I don't think so).

I have been to 3 doctors. The first one said no I don't think we should do this. The other two were ready to cut me open.

Do I HAVE to do this?

There are so many people that claim they eat extremely healthy after their surgery and still gain all this weight. I don't want to be running to the bathroom after every meal either!

HELP!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 15th, 2008
Supporter
Hi, I have no clue as to what a HIDA scan is. Please enlighten me. I have a wonderful gastro Dr. who has really helped me. I tend to overproduce acid in my stomach, so I know the meaning of daily heartburn, acid reflux and on occasions stomach tenderness. As for surgery, I' suggest you find a reputable gastro dr. one who isn't so quick to say, "lets cut her open and see"......one who will at least give you several options in trying to get you healthy again.
|

replied November 15th, 2008
A HIDA scan with CCK is when they inject this substance into the iv that makes your gall bladder show up on the screen. The CCK is a hormone that makes your gall bladder contract and push out the bile. They do this so they can see how much bile is being pushed out by the gall bladder.
|
Users who thank w1lk1ns for this post: Fairy Godmother