Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Lungs and Respiratory Disorders Forum

Shortness of breath

Must Read
Asthma affects more than 22 million Americans. But what happens during a respiratory asthma attack? Learn the basics about asthma now....
Some people are more likely than other to be diagnosed with asthma. Learn if you are at risk of asthma in this section on risk factors and causes of asthma....
How can you identify the signs and symptoms of asthma or respiratory problems? We list the common asthma symptoms here and discuss asthma problems....
I have shortness of breath with exertion, worse when I bend over or crouch down. It is relieved within a minute when I lie on my back. Before sudden onset (4 months ago), I had boundless energy and extremely good stamina, capable of doing physical work for 10-12 hours a day, walking 40 miles a week at 4 mph. etc. Now I am out of breath even walking fast, lifing heavy things, raking, shoveling . . . If I continue, I feel like I could collapse. Leg muscles sometimes go limp and a won't support me. EKG, chest x-ray. echocardiogram, CT scans, lung function test, blood tests, all good. A large (5 by 6 centimeter) hemangioma was found on my liver, but may have always been there. After on and off strenous work for 3-4 hours, I have a dry cough, sore throat, and my chest cavity feels like I've run for miles gulping cold air. Occasionally I have mild chest pain. I've been told that my gums are dry. Thanks for any direction you can give me.
Did you find this post helpful?
|