Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Lungs and Respiratory Disorders Forum

shortness of breath- anxiety ?

Must Read
Learn the basics about mental disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a mental health condition. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for mental conditions....
I feel sick all the time. I am having shortness of breath, my calf muscles on both legs feel stiff, I feel dizzy, severe fatigue, and am having loss of appetite. I'm also feeling shooting pains in my neck. My doctor said my thyroid is slightly enlarged from my thyroid ultrasound but my thyroid tests came back normal. A lung CT revealed mild scarring in my lungs but the doctor said that wouldn't be causing my issues. My doctor suggest anxiety but I am not sure if I should accept this or keep digging to be sure. What could this be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 2nd, 2012
Have you had any pulmonary function tests performed??
These are simple/ painless breathing tests that show lung efficiency.
Your leg syptoms sound like fluid build up/swelling. I have have the same problem there.
Ask your Doc about these.
Hope this is of some help.
|

replied February 3rd, 2012
Tried a NEUROLOGIST? Possible neuromuscular disease early onset, involving the diaphragm too, hence your shortness of breath, fatigue and dizziness.
Hashimoto's disease a possibility? Try an ENDOCRINOLOGIST for barrage of tests. Any ideas where the scarring in your lungs might have come from, in your medical history?
Finally, a CARDIOLOGIST might rule out Arteriovascular problems and Cardiac issues, causing possible claudications on your calf musles, and generalised fatigue you experience.
Would'nt hurt to consult a PULMONOLOGIST either.
ANXIETY? I am tempted to have doubts.
Good luck.
|