Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Forum

Shock at elbow after Ulnar Nerve Transposition

Must Read
Learn the basics about carpal tunnel syndrome here: causes, risk factors and complications....
Are some people born with carpal tunnel? More here on what can cause carpal tunnel syndrome and who is at risk of developing the condition....
Carpal tunnel syndrome is accompanied by very clear signs and symptoms. But how do symptoms change as the syndrome progresses? More info here....
Hello,

I had ulnar nerve transposition Intra-muscular 4 weeks ago by a world re-nown Plastic Surgeon Dr. Mackinnon in St. Louis.

I was told to do full range of motion 4 days after surgery when I got the cast off. I am now 4 weeks and when I massage right above the scar around the elbow are I get a shock down into my pinky and ring finger - like the shock I had before surgery but in a different place. Obvisouly because they moved the nerve but I am nervous why am I getting a shock when I massage this area? Did the nerve move or not under the muscle enough? Is this normal?

Hello,

I had ulnar nerve transposition Intra-muscular 4 weeks ago by a world re-nown Plastic Surgeon Dr. Mackinnon in St. Louis.

I was told to do full range of motion 4 days after surgery when I got the cast off. I am now 4 weeks and when I massage right above the scar around the elbow are I get a shock down into my pinky and ring finger - like the shock I had before surgery but in a different place. Obvisouly because they moved the nerve but I am nervous why am I getting a shock when I massage this area? Did the nerve move or not under the muscle enough? Is this normal?

I can just tap the area and get a shock down into the pink?? Will this get better or is this something to be worried about?

Would appreciate any response! Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 15th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi lokobreed....I would suggest that you speak with your surgeon and ask him these questions...We are a forum on CT....Thanks...

Caroline
|

replied January 20th, 2011
Hmmm....well, I landed here too with a question about severe pain of the ulna at the wrist (which I have now decided not to post), because there are no headings for joint and bone issues. The Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Forum was as close as it got to the ulna. Thanks anyway.
|