Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Muscular and Nerve Disorders Forum

Shingles Muscle Pain?

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
User Profile
Hi. I had shingles back in April, and had nerve damage ever since

I had it on my back, and wrapped around onto my chest (my breast) on my right side.
Now, i have no feeling (numb to touch), but the only thing i do "feel" is itchiness, pain, and burning/pinching.

I noticed that after i had shingles, and started going to school again, it effected the way i played viola

I've been playing for 8 years, so i would think by now i would have my muscles all in tact
My back and hands would start to tire out after about 10 minutes of playing, but now i play for about 2 or so minutes, and i can't hold myself up anymore.
I get this stabbing pain, like i did before i broke out in a rash.
Even if i sit up straight in a chair it'll hurt.

I've been worried about this because I'm in an honors and AF group at my school and i don't want it to effect my playing.

Is there something i can do?
Or should i even be worried about this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 26th, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
so sorry about the trouble....
you better see a neurologist. there may be a few drugs that might help. the key is treating it soon enough.....pete
|
Did you find this post helpful?