Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

Shin bone swelling

Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....
Two weeks ago I fell on a concrete step and hit my shin. Nothing happened immediately but one hour later a swelling the size of a golf ball appeared. My leg then changed was rainbow coloured for about ten days all the way down and the sweeling reduced to a ping pong ball. It is still there, hard and hurts. Could you please give me suggestions on what I might apply topically and if there really is anything that can be done if the shin bone is chipped. Do I just need to be patient and wait for the swelling to reduce?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper RainbowSun
|

replied February 9th, 2014
Small world = I fell about 2 weeks ago, and was at work at the time, and given ice to take down the swelling and help with bruising.

Since then, I only feel a tingle if i touch just under my knee, or kneel down (even briefly) it makes me gasp! I now have a swelling the size of a deflated tennis ball. I am going to my gp on Monday, and will mention this amongst another personal problem!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply