Medical Questions > Mens Health > Penis Forum

shaving the penis and masturbation

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
hello there. i've been shaving my penis for a long time now. ever since the first time, i have had to do it all the time now. i shave with a razor and sometimes an electric razor. i do use sensitive shave gel or cream when i do. i also masturbate once a day. my question is that i've been doing some research on the internet and i'm thinking i have follictitus or fordscyde(speeling) bumps in my penis. i have been checked out my my urologist and he told me that it isn't HPV and that they look like oils glands are causing the bumps because of my shaving. what can i take over the counter to try to get these bumps to go away? could i take an immune system booster to help or some type of ointment? masturbation falls into this question because i do it about every day. i do like to use vaseline when i do. with me shaving and masturbating with vaseline, does this cause the bumps to not go away? what other options do i have to use as lube thats good for your skin and what can i do to try to get these bumps or whatever to go away? i just want a smooth penis again. thanks so much for your help
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 24th, 2009
me too
I would also like this question answered please. I have the exact same issue at hand.
|

replied December 10th, 2009
Experienced User
I clean shave my area and penis base with shaving soap and twin razor blade.I get an urge to masturbate while shaving.The hard penis helps to move the razor around smoothly to give clean shave.I find k y lubricating jelly useful for masturbation.However, irritation at the base persists for some time after shave.
|

User Profile
replied December 10th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Hi clovis27,

First stop shaving, then apply a small amount of antibotic cream 1x daily for several days, you should see a differance.

Good Luck

Faded Rose
|

replied December 11th, 2009
Experienced User
Thanks Faded Rose for your kind advice.However how do I keep my penis clean and smooth without shaving?I have heard that hair removal cream is not good for the long term and that also gives irritation.
|

User Profile
replied December 11th, 2009
My best advice to you is to try using a water based lubricant. Be sure that when you are done masterbating to wash the area real good with a very mild non scented soap. Using the antibiotic cream like Faded Rose said should also help. Also make sure that when you wash it you use a clean wash cloth every time. Don't use those spongy looking things as they hold in bacteria. My husband had those same type of bumps on his chest and back because of using the spongy things. As soon as he stoped using it the bumps started going away. Also when shaving that area you could always try using womens shave creams and razors for they are made more for sensitive skin than mens stuff. You might look a little strange buying them but if it helps with your problem I would think it would be worth it. Good Luck!
|
Users who thank Mkalley28 for this post: eagerhorse 

replied December 12th, 2009
Experienced User
Thanks for very good advice.I would like to know some good brand for women's shave cream.I get some arousal while shaving that area. I do not know whether it is normal.It is this, that leads me to masturbate.
|

User Profile
replied December 12th, 2009
Really any of them that say they are for very sensitive skin. I was at the store the other day and also spotted something that might help. It is for women but it is supposed to help with the little bumps we get when we shave out bikini lines or other areas. Try those things and let me know if any of it helps.
|
Users who thank Mkalley28 for this post: eagerhorse 

replied December 15th, 2009
Experienced User
Thanks.I will try and let know.
|

replied January 7th, 2010
Experienced User
I have procured a good razor and can now shave smooth.Thanks.
|

User Profile
replied January 8th, 2010
If a wet razor is the cause of irritation, then electric razor is a good option. It is also a lot safer, although it may not leave the skin as smooth as perhaps how you would like. You might want to get into the habit of only shaving, say, once a week. That will help reduce any irritation. It will also reduce the desire to masturbate that often!

When you come to wash the area you have shaved, try using antibacterial hand-washing cream. It is also helpful to use the same cream to wash your hands thoroughly after you have finished the procedure.

Happy shaving!
|

replied March 22nd, 2010
Experienced User
I have read that hair bush around the genitals is nature's protection of delicate skin,and allow the hair to grow is better than shaving.Is there any truth in this? Is some special protection treatment required for cleanly shaved area?How much is the normal limit,beyond which the hair does not grow, if left to it?
|