Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Sharp stomach pain leads to chest pain

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
About a month ago, I saw my doctor about stomach pain that leads to chest pain. He thought it could be acid reflux and prescribed omeprazole. Since then, I've kept track of when I have this pain. The pain comes when I start to feel hungry and when I'm not active (usually while I'm sitting at my desk at work or while watching tv). It is a stabbing pain at the top of my stomach and in my chest, and it is excruciating! Does this sound like acid reflux?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 5th, 2012
Welcome to e health forum.

Your symptoms appear to be due to gastritis or peptic ulcer disease.

You may need to avoid foods that are spicy and with high fat content. Avoid foods like - puddings, breads, bagels and pretzels are usually made with white flour and refined sugar ; vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage, all kinds of beans and legumes, full fat milk, onions and green peas should be avoided. Cured meats and high fat meat products such as sausages, salami, ham, bacon, and Red meats like beef and lamb should be reduced in consumption or avoided totally.

Juicy fruits such as pears, oranges, sweet limes, watermelons, cantaloupes etc help a lot to control the symptoms.

For the time being, gastritis can be tried with over the counter antacids like Gelusil, tums, mylanta and acid reducing medications like omeprazole.

If they do not help, then, stronger medications like Nexium, that reduce acid production in the stomach are available by prescription.

In addition you should consult with a gastroenterologist, who if needed can order gastric emptying tests, or endoscopies to diagnose conditions like peptic ulcer disease or gastric reflux.

I hope this helps.
|

replied March 5th, 2012
Thank you!
|

replied December 22nd, 2012
what could these symtoms be
Since I've had sex with in the last 2weeks , I've been getting Sharp pains in my stomache , I've been urinary more regular , notice a change of smell down bellow , and also tingling pains in my breasts what could this be ???
|

User Profile
replied December 22nd, 2012
This pain is definately similar to the pains that I have been having. Are you on antibiotics? i know that they can cause that kind of pain. also your problem may be constipation. I would try to get a bottle of Mag citrate or have your doctor prescribe Colace for you daily. I just know I can relate to what u are feeling. it sucks.
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.