Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Sharp stinging pain on body

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Hi everyone. I get this sharp stinging pain which feels like if i was bit by an insect. It happens in random parts of my body at least once a day and it has been going on for about a week. So far i felt the sting mainly on my arms and legs. I have no idea what is causing it so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ladyjay12
|

replied June 17th, 2009
My son just started having pains like yours. Have you found out anything? We were in The Turks and Caicos Islands when it started. Allie
|

replied July 21st, 2009
I too have these pains, however I've had it for years now. It does feel like a very small insect is biting and it happens most frequently on my arms, legs, and ankles. Usually I think, "OK this time it has to be an insect biting me..." and I look and it's nothing. I would love to find out what this is...as it's rather annoying!
|

replied July 28th, 2009
stinging sensation on skin
I, too, am having these random stinging sensations on my arms, legs, and trunk. The have been problematic for about three months and seem to have started about the same time as some pretty significant myalgia. The myalgia is starting to get better now that I am taking a drug holiday from my statin, but the stinging continues.
|

replied September 24th, 2009
I've had the same sentsations for about a week, mostly on my ankle area and legs. I am convinced there is a bug biting me, if not stinging me, and there is always nothing. It's so random, but does happen at least once a day, yesterday twice.. on my upper thigh (am) and my ankle (pm).
|

replied October 22nd, 2010
sharp, painful sting on foot at night, no insect bite???
I too have experienced an occasional really sharp "sting" but only on my feet. The sharp "sting" sensation is always painful and wakes me up. The pain lasts a minute or two and I have never been able to find an insect, spider, wasp or bee and . . . after months I realized that there has never been a wound site where the pain is located.

This is truly bizarre and I can't figure it out. I do have diabetes and I will try to determine if my diet affects the rare occasions when I experience this phenonona.

Good Luck finding a cause and please let me know if you find out what might cause this painful sting sensation in the middle of the night.
|

replied April 2nd, 2011
If any of you find a diagnosis please let me know. I get the same thing randomly in my arm and leg and I absolutely hate it.
|

replied May 30th, 2011
Insect stings all over the body
Look up peripheral neuropathy and see if that fits your complaints. That's what I have and it sounds like most of you.
Good luck!
|

replied April 3rd, 2012
Sharp stinging pain on skin
Ive had it years now and no doctor has come up with an explanation thats accurate. Last was a reaction to deep sea fish. Also experienced visual distortions in the way of seeing briefly what causes the pain and only way to describe it multi dimensional. Which should be directed to military rather than medical.
|

replied April 3rd, 2012
Ive had it years now and no doctor has come up with an explanation thats accurate. Last was a reaction to deep sea fish. Also experienced visual distortions in the way of seeing briefly what causes the pain and only way to describe it multi dimensional. Which should be directed to military rather than medical.
|

replied April 4th, 2012
|

replied April 4th, 2012
Experienced User
Arachnoiditis with the symptoms of lots of sting pains down on legs and arms is a very common problem and can arise from many causes. This pain is typically unresponsive to pain medications and muscle relaxants. You are recommended to visit and consult a Doctor(neurosurgeon) to help you in reducing the pain.
|