Medical Questions > Womens Health > Ovulation and Ovaries Forum

sharp stabbing pains on my ovaries

Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....
User Profile
Lately I have been getting sharp stabbing pains on both my ovaries this started right after my period, I also will get sharp stabbing pains in my groin and lower back. Sept 2010 I had laparoscopic surgery to remove a dermoid cyst and also a D & C. Since the surgery I had a child by cesarean in which my bladder was cut and had to undergo resurgent yet again to repair. I have felt great since till now. The pain on my ovary is sometimes stabbing or also can be stinging at times, just doesn't feel right. Any help?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 18th, 2012
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A38094
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is difficult to comment on the underlying cause for the sharp stabbing pelvic/lower abdominal pain that you describe without examining you and going ahead with further evaluation. Possibilities include ovarian cysts, pelvic adhesions, endometriosis, adenomyosis, PID, endometrioma, etc. The exact cause can only be made out after careful evaluation. Visit your doctor/gynecologist for further evaluation to look for the underlying cause. Treatment as appropriate (based on examination findings and investigations results) would be started to help you control the symptoms. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Ovulation and Ovaries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.