Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Sharp stabbing pains, could it just be anxiety??

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
I am a 23 year old female.
I am having sharp stabbing pains all over, mostly in my legs and arms, they also feel slighlty numb/heavy at times. My legs feel very heavy at times and arms numb, like the feeling you get if you lie on it too long it bed. Yet its there all day long. I have had this feeling previously in my arms and had it checked out, the doctor said not to worry, Now over 12 months later its returned but worse and in other places.

My lower back is also aching at times with sharp 'twisting' type pains.

Im having night sweats and dread going to bed because all I do is worry.
The pains are 24/7 mostly in legs and arms but at times happen in other parts of my body.

Any ideas what it may be???

I cant get an appointment at my docs until next week and I am worried that they may just brush it off as anxiety when it could be something much worse.

Replies/advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 10th, 2012
Anxiety can be difficult for anyone to cope with. I suggest taking a look at this website to find some great techniques to help with anxiety.
|
Did you find this post helpful?