Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

sharp stabbing pain in the lower right side of my back

Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...
User Profile
I have had a series of issues. The first was that I had rectal bleeding, and I went to the doctor to check it out and she gave me hemroid cream. Well it didn't stop and I have filled the toilet bowl twice since with blood. I also have not had my period for 3 months and I know I'm not pregnant. Lastly, I have a sharp stabbing pain in the lower right side of my back, right above my hip bone. The pain comes and goes, but it hurts most when I am still (sitting or laying down). When I am moving around or active I feel fine. The pain also travels down my leg and hurts different places like my knee, calf, and foot on the medial side. I can't sleep at night because the pain is so bad. Also, I have had pelvic pressure and pain and have noticed frequent feeling of urination. I have had a UTI before and know that it is not a UTI. The pelvic pain becomes increasingly painful when I am about to go to the bathroom. (number 2) I am 21 years old, very healthy and fit and I don't want to be in pain!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 15th, 2011
Kidney Conditions Answer A29482
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

At your age, it seems that you may be having severe constipation, and it may have resulted in anal fissures or hemorrhoids, which are the cause of the pain as well as rectal bleeding.

You may consult with a doctor for a rectal examination and proper treatment of the appropriate condition.

In the mean time, application of local anesthetic creams like preparation H ; Sitz bath, and relief of constipation by diet and lifestyle changes and use of laxatives as needed, may help to provide relief to your symptoms.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Kidney Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.