Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Sharp pinching pains, left side of head

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
I have been experiencing random sharp pinching pains in the left side of my head. One moment I will be fine, and then It feels like something pinched my brain with tweezers. I guess that's the best way to describe it. Most of them are severe, they will happen out of no where and will be consistent for a couple seconds, stop for about half a second, and come back either less or more severe from anywhere between one second to three seconds apart from each other. The pattern usually continues for about 30 seconds. Sometimes, after coming down from the pain, I feel a cooling sensation, as if cool water were flowing down my brain. I often feel slightly light headed once it fades. Sometimes followed by a warm sensation. What could this be? I sometimes have chest pains with it, some severe but most are mild. My memory has been getting worse, my concentration is also. I don't want to worry about it to much, it may only make things worse lol. I would just like an idea of what this could be.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper TrustinGod777
|

replied April 24th, 2012
pinching feeling inside head
Please let me know if you find anything out...My 13 yr old daughter has been complaining about the same feeling of pinching in her "brain" as she describes it, but its usually very localized and not just in one sopt...Our doctor didnt seem too concerned about it..But this has been going on over a year...Very concerning for me, so if you find anything out let me know Id appreciate it...Smile
|

replied April 24th, 2012
I certainly will let you know! My doctor says it's stress but I think there's more to it than that. I find that drinking allot of water helps. Keep her hydrated and have her eat a lot of fruit! I noticed that caffeine makes it worse, and yes stress does too. I'll keep you updated on anything I find out! Very Happy
|

replied April 24th, 2012
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
|

replied April 26th, 2012
Your Welcome! Smile
|

replied July 8th, 2012
Headache
Hey did you find out about it. I experience a similar kind of pinching pain for a few seconds out of nowhere. It comes and goes randomly. Its pretty severe, i really have to stop hold something if I'm standing. Its been happening since a few years. Earlier I didn't notice, now its more prominent. It is not a constant cycle, It happens randomly, anytime, sometimes more sometimes less.
Its got me worrying now. Could you pls enlighten me if you find out anything. Your description seems familiar to what happens to me.
|

replied May 15th, 2013
sharp pain on left side of head
Hi i'm jesus and for sbout 3 to 4 years i have suffering sharp pain on the left side of head i have went to the doctor but they just assume it might be migraine. The pain comes and last the whole day and whrn i take pills it would go away for the day but the next day as soon as i wake up it starts bothering me. The last time it came was about 2 years ago and now it came back and hurts the same way no without any difference which is weird bc it used to go away and come back in months. Now it lasted 2 years to come. Please can someone give me a clue about what to do,
|