Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Sharp pains where belly button is ?

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I have been having very sharp pains were my belly button is for almost 3 months now.
and about 2 weeks ago I thought I might be pregnant but I have had two negative Home Pregnancy Tests one on the 4th and one this morning but I seem to have all the early pregnancy signs!!!
I just don't get what else it might be and I don't have insurance to go see a doctor and Planned Parenthood said they do walk-ins for testing and such but u have to have to of missed ur period and it not come for 2 more weeks so basically to were you would be 6 weeks pregnant b4 they will test you and I had bleeding but im not sure if it was or wasn't my period it was very odd and very short but I know some women have periods when their pregnant.
I know I don't have an STD me and my bf have been tested and came up negative on everything!!! What can I do or what Else might I be experiencing or is Wrong other than maybe being pregnant???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 14th, 2009
Supporter
Hello sweet heart,
okay when you had this so called period did it only last
1 or 2 days and very very little as if you were just about to start. That could have been inplantation. I had it with my last pregnancy. Also when I was pregnant and they just did the urine dip test or a home pregnancy
I came up negative until I was almost 12 weeks pregnant. My Mother as well 3 mmonths before a test showed she was in deed pregnant. The best test and it did not show for me until 8 to 12 weeks pregnant is blood work. Do you have a pregnacy crisis place where they will do the blood work test for free? Or is that the planned parenthood place. Also do you know what your RH factor is? Do you know what your blood type is? If you are negative and baby is positive that can also mess up a pregnancy test. Because your body will think the baby is an infection and target it. If you have to fib and tell them you have not had your period for a month and two weeks. If you are negative and baby is positive your body will try to kill the baby. I am not telling you this to scare you but that is what happens. No one is to blame your body is trying to protect you.
Are your breasts tender and look at them when you are pregnant you breast will get bigger not only that look at them can you see the veins in them? Usually when you look at them the veins are there but not as noticable. The reason the veins tend to be more visible is because you make more blood so more blood means the veins have more in them and that is what makes them more visible.
I hope this helps you can always pm me.
I just wanted you to know I am not a doctor and I am only telling you what has happened to me and those around me and what I have read.
I do beg you to find out your RH factor as it is very important that you know if you are negative or positive.
If you know your blood type it will tell you your RH factor. Blood types: A+ B+ AB+ O+ = positive
A- B- AB- 0- = negative
0+ is a universal donor for every blood type except O-
and O- is universal donor for every blood type,
These 2 blood types are the most wanted as they can be given to all the other blood types.
taykare
i will be praying for you!!!
|

replied December 14th, 2009
Yes my so called period was only 3 days when I am normaly 5 or 6 days and have regular periods usually around the 26th but this one happened started on the 15th of November and I am normaly light anyways to were i use tampons that say regular on the box but it was lighter than usual but not spotting...
Yes planned Parenthod is the only place that will give free tests on Wendsdays only if u have had a missed period thats two weeks late and is a walk-in if not they will not test u...
Idk what an RH factor is???
And No I do not know what my blood type is wish I did lol???
And yes my breasts are bigger I am normaly an A and now having to wear a B bra and I see bluish veins in the nipple area that I have never seen b4 and are they are slightly tender anymore when they never ever have been.
|

replied December 16th, 2009
hey, i really do hope u get some confirmation soon and put ur mind at ease. remember i told u i was having all the symptoms like u but i'm 3 days late haven't been late for quite a while and had all thesymtoms of pregnacy and still a neg test. with my last preg. i did 7 test and still had to go to the doc to get a positive att 6 weeks. i wish u all the best. i'll be just waiting
|

User Profile
This post topic caught my eye. It doesn't sound like any pregnancy issue to me. I've had this same specific (I would call it a dull but specific pain about 1 inch up and to the left of my belly button (when looking down). I have gone through a lot of weird stomach problems in the past few years and most of them have had to do with Food Allergies and Acid Reflux. I haven't had a good response from my doc yet since I haven't been able to monitor when it happens (what I was eating, thinking, doing that day and the few days previous, etc). I go to a Naturopathic doctor, so all of that is important.

I would guess that whatever you have is some kind of stomach irritation, perhaps from something you ate. I don't think it's an ulcer or anything (usually that comes with a lot of continual pain), although stress and worry about being pregnant or having something wrong with you can certainly make any symptom worse. The mind and the body are interlinked in pretty amazing ways.

If it's causing you a lot of worry, I would do a quick search for food that irritates the stomach of someone with acid reflux and see if avoiding those things helps. Otherwise, I highly recommend naturopathic doctors (or information online) for things related to the stomach.
|

I know I am now not pregnant my time came LOL but it was mainly others telling me ur pregnant ur pregnant I didn't think I was since of certain conditions but yea anyways my stomach pain is continuous never stops always a stabbing like pain I Have been diagnosed with acid reflux but is tottaly not the pain I am feeling there
|

User Profile
Well I'm glad you don't have an unwanted pregnancy. Smile I really hate how people are always saying, "oh you must be pregnant" just because it's the last thing you want to happen.

So when I experience an acidic stomach/esophagus, it's usually quite different from the sharper pain I have as well. I would still guess that it's some kind of stomach irritation, perhaps due to the acid reflux, but as said I don't really know what it is at this point either.

Have you tried TUMS or anything like that?
|

Yes I have tried them things but my mom is worried it is something like apendicitis or a stone cuz that runs in our family and she had both and all the stuff I am describing to her is exactly what she felt
|

Especially eHealthy
It is unlikely to be appendicitis due to the length of time you have had it. Gallstones could be a consideration though.

I told you that you didn't have to worry about it being pregnancy related. Wink
|

Yea it was others I didn't think I actually was but every1 telling me I was and what research I had done had me curious and asking on this site and yahoo answers thats all I didn't mean to be rude or argue with ya tho LOL yea my mom got her's taken out do to stone being there idk how to spell it is y i said it in that type of way
|