Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

sharp pains when coughing or sneezing

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
about 2 weeks ago i started getting these pains in my head everytime i cough.i do have coughing fits from time to time because i am a smoker but the pain starts above my right eye,over the top right side of the head and down to the back side of the head about 1 inch from the ear. when i get to coughing i hold the top of my head where the pain is coming from because it feels like my skull will split open. after the coughing is over with the pain will stay around for about 5 to 15 minutes,especially above the right eye.i am on disability and i am afraid to go to the DR. for fear they will not see as i already owe money to the hospital. so if you could help it would be great.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 30th, 2009
RE: Sharp pains when coughing
Hey, the same thing happens to me. I'm going to the dr on friday to find out why i will let you know what i find out. I mean everything you're saying is the same.
|

replied June 6th, 2009
My husband gets almost disabilitating pain in his head when he sneezes. It lasts for about a minute or so then gradually goes away. Did you find out anything from your dr. appt?
|