Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

sharp pains shooting down my leg

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
I was experiencing a stiff back do to placing a memory foam pad on my mattress. It got so bad that I was standing on a leftwards tilt to compensate for the pain. I removed the pad from my bed and switched sides. The very next morning my back pain on the left side was gone but I now have sharp pains shooting down my right leg that start in the buttocks and shoot clear to the ankle. The pain is so bad that I know find myself standing on one leg,leaning to the left,half bend over to subside the extreme pain which of coarse is now causing major discomfort and swelling in my back. I do not have insurance so a trip to the E.R. left me with steriod treatment and pain killers but the problem is only getting worse. It has been about a month now and cannot even leave home to work or walk around at home much. I cannot stand up strait or lay down flat AT ALL without this intense pain shooting from my buttock down to my ankle. PLEASE HELP!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 10th, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
did they do xrays at the er. if so what was diagnosis?
|

replied October 11th, 2010
No they did not do any xrays. The er doctor took a guess at it being a triad njury which by what I've reseached on google about an "unhappy traid" is WAY OFF. Basicly he took a guess,shot me with steroids,gave me an rx for more steroids(methylprednisolone) and a pan killer(hydrocodone) and said I should be just fine in a week or so but If not then find some insurance and see a family doctor.
|

replied October 11th, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
an xray isnt that expensive. do you have a dr to go to?
i would treat it as if it was serious . dont sit for long periods of time. dont lift anything.
google LIGHT STRETCHING FOR SCIATIC PAIN and try some stretching. if it hurts too much then stop.....pete
|