Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Sharp pain under rib cage

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Yesterday I started to get a sharp pain under my rib cage on the left side. It feels like a stitch in my side from running. I have not been running though. It was a constant pain all day and finally went away last night when I went to sleep but then it woke me up 4 times last night.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 21st, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
If this pain tends to spread to the back and is accompanied with other symptoms like nausea, vomiting, rapid heart pulse, made worse after eating or drinking, could be a pancreatic inflammation.
Sharp pain under rib cage may indicate a case of pneumonia, if you suffer from symptoms of cold, fever, chest pains and coughing.
Problems with spleen or aggravated stomach ulcer need to be taken in consideration, too.
|
Did you find this post helpful?