Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Arthritis Forum

Sharp pain near hip

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
for the last 3 years i have been suffering from rheumatic arthrisis.
from the last 3 to 4 days i have been suffering from sharp pain in my lower back near right hip.and in the left side of my back near shoulder .i m unable to bear that pain .I am taking ECOSPRIN as prescibed by doctor for arthrisis also i have taken approx 20 injections of PENIDURE 10LAKH (2 years ago).
it would be nice for me if you would plz tell me wat to do as i approached doctors they told me to continue ecosprin only.if possible plz tell me some yogas also.
Thanks & Regards
Gyanesh

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 2nd, 2010
Arthritis Answer A11675
Hi Gyanesh, welcome to the ehealth forum and I am glad to help you.
You seem concerned by the pain in right lower hemiback and left upper hemiback near shoulder. You have also made a mention of rheumatic heart disease since last 3 years for which you are taking Ecosprin and have also taken 20 injections of Penidure (Benzathine Penicillin) 2 years ago usually given every 21 days.
Migratory polyarthritis occurs early in the disease course and is a common complaint for patients with rheumatic fever. Joint involvement ranges from arthralgia without objective findings to overt arthritis with warmth, swelling, redness, and exquisite tenderness. The larger joints are involved most frequently, such as the knees, ankles, elbows, and wrists.In approximately 75% of cases, the acute attack lasts only 6 weeks.Ninety percent of cases resolve in 12 weeks or less.Fewer than 5% of patients have symptoms that persist for 6 months or more.
The present symptoms seem unrelated to past history of rheumatic fever as you are having only nonspecific joint/musculoskeletal pains at the moment and need evaluation by your doctor to rule out the recurrence of rheumatic fever. The recurrence of rheumatic fever is relatively common in the absence of maintenance of low dose antibiotics, especially during the first three to five years after the first episode. Heart complications may be long-term and severe, particularly if valves are involved. It is rare for arthritis to be long term as it is usually temporary migratory polyarthritis. You should have taken Penidure therapy after the first attack for at least 3-5 years.
For the present pain, Ecosprin is helpful and you can consider an appointment with your doctor to increase the dose for control of pain. Yoga exercises can be helpful as well but they should always be done under the supervision of yoga expert.
Hope this helps. Take care.
Note: This post is not to emphasise final diagnosis as the same cannot be made online and is aimed just to provide medical information and no treatment suggested above be taken without face to face consultation with health care professional.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Arthritis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.