Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

sharp pain in chest and hand

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Hello,

Last night, I had sharp pains in my chest on the left of my sternum and a similar pain left hand at the same time. I was lying on my left side and it happened 3 times over a span of about a minute and lasted for about a second each time. It was similar to a tendon pain.

I'm getting a little joint pain in my sternum which has always been crooked-it sticks out further by about 1" on the left side. I'm hoping this is the reason for the pain last night ___but the jabs in my left hand at the same time are what's making me worried.___

Could this be heart related?

I don't know if this is relevant but I'm 50, 5'10",described as muscular but fat enough to have considerable handles and waist fat. I do not do nearly enough cardio. I have parox. afib. controlled by Flecainide 150 mg twice a day. I also take Diltiazem 240 time release once a day, a regular aspirin, and Lipitor 15(?) mg.

Thank you very much.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 1st, 2009
My husband had pain in his left little finger and pain in his upper back. On those symptoms alone, he saw his MD and ended up with 4 bypasses. Don't live in denial.
|
Did you find this post helpful?