Medical Questions > Cancer > Brain Cancer Forum

sharp pain in back right side of head

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
hi there.

well here is the deal. I have been getting this sharp pains in the right back side of my head,

the pains normally only last 1 -2 seconds at most, and for those two seconds, i lose attention to everything that is going on and even have to close, my eyes, because its a random but light blur.

the pains just started about 4 months ago, once in a while, but have been having them everyday now days.

also to mention these pains happen in complete random times, i can be walking or i can be watching a movie, lying down.

any help would be really good thanks
BTW im only 16

cheers coffee
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile MandMs
|

User Profile
replied January 5th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
This type of headaches aren't characteristic for something serious as a brain cancer is.
Headache related to brain cancer has different qualities that the ones you are experiencing.
Headache that lasts 1 to 2 seconds, occurring either as single episodes or as brief repeated volleys, usually in the same spot, and one sided, is known as idiopathic (without known reason) stabbing headache.
The headache, often, resembles a stab from an icepick, nail, or needle.

Do you suffer from other type of headache, like migraine?
|

replied January 5th, 2009
sorry wrong area posted
o sorry, posted in wrong area, but no. the pain just comes randomly in one area only, no other areas.
|

replied November 16th, 2010
This sharp needle like pain is what I've been getting at the back of my head, both sides, for some months now. It didn't seem to warrant a doctor visit, I've had enough of those lately. Thanks, I'll put it down to idiopathic headache.
|

replied April 20th, 2012
Pain in the back of my head on right side
I get sharp pain in the back of my head on the right side that lasts as long as I am during with the air conditioning freezing me to death at work and I have to hold my skull. It hurts real bad. I have chronic pain but its do much worse in the cold. Right now in the warmth of my own home the pain is less but still there. I think I may have a pinched nerve or something...
|

replied March 6th, 2014
Headache
more than 5 years i am getting treatment for Migraines now i get pain in my head the back of left ear one inch up side .
|