Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Sharp pain around upper temporal area

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
User Profile
hello i was having sharp pains on the right side of my head around the upper temporal and lower parietal area of my skull for about a day. kind of the pain you get from a brain freeze but less severe and shorter. they are not bothering me anymore i just wanted to know is there anything to be worried about.
The pain would come and go it would last about 1 to 3 seconds throughout the day the next night i went to the ER the pains had left me but i still wanted to know if it was anything that i should be worried about. The doctor checked my eyes and had me to touch my nose with my finger and other similar tests and also checked my pupils they said everything was fine and just to take Advil if i had the pains again.
I also noticed that the area where the pain was coming from is now kind of sore
to the touch. This just freaked me out because i have never had any kind of pain like this and scared that it could be something severe

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 12th, 2010
(online)
Headache and Migraines Answer A10624
Hi, and thanks for your medical question on eHealth forum!

The symptoms of pain around the upper temporal and lower parietal area of skull along with soreness can be due to pinched cervical spinal nerves. It can also be due to neck strain as in wrong posture or overuse of computers etc. Try a massage and see. Alternatively you can visit a chiropractor and see.

If the pain and soreness persists or returns again and again, then you will need to rule out two things—one is pinched nerve and the other is ear infection. Hope this helps. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Headache and Migraines , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.