Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Sharp pain and headaches before ejaculation

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
During intercourse, my fiancee will experience sudden sharp pains, then a headache before ejaculation. The pain usually begins in the right side of his neck, and the sharp/throbbing pain, is usually at the temple (same right side), or near the eye area. This has happened for the past three weeks, each time. He has even tried masturbating alone, to see if it happens, and yes, it does. It is quite painful for him, and frightens me more than he knows. We have all but given up on a climax for him, for this pain and discomfort. A few days ago, he showed no sign of discomfort during sex, so we continued to the point of climax for him, however, when he did release, it was a rather large amount and said "it felt as if he were passing a gall stone". I believe this could be due to build up, but then again, I am no doctor.

He has seen a doctore for this, though he is unsure of what it could be. Please, we are at our wits end, and I am worried about sex now. Any ideas of what this could be?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 3rd, 2010
Sexual Health - Men Answer A12831

Hello.

This could be called coital cephalgia, simply meaning headache during sexual activity. You have mentioned that he does not have high blood pressure and is healthy. Assuming his body weight is in keeping with his height and body structure, this headache may be purely related to sexual activity. But you should also look out for any other problems he has, such as nausea/ vomiting, imbalance or any other symptoms which may point towards any other cause.

There are a few steps you can take right away to ease the pain. He could take a more passive role in the sexual activity. This simple adjustment is quite often helpful. He may also start doing some aerobic exercise program, if not into one already. Hydration of the body is vital. Make sure he drinks adequate amounts of water / fluids. Try variations in the positions. Choose positions where his neck is relaxed. Also take a trial of analgesics with your doctor's prescription.

Please let us know if this helps.

Regards

This post is for the purpose of providing medical information and is not a substitute for a face-to-face consultation with a doctor. This post is not intended to give or rule out a diagnosis, create a doctor-patient relationship or replace an existing one.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Men , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.