Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Sharp, intermittent pain in back, right of head

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
I've had intermittent, sharp, piercing pain on the back of my head, on the right side for 24 hours. They last about a second and thereafter, no pain at all. However, they come and go so frequently that it's now causing concern. I've read about ice pick headaches, and my symptoms seem to be consistent with that diagnosis. Should I be alarmed? Is it safe to take migraine medication that contains aspirin to try? I've never sustained any head trauma, and the pain does not radiate anywhere on my head. It's totally localized on the right, back side of my head and seems unrelated to muscular disorders.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 9th, 2013
I feel the same thing too on occasion, like right now. Very localized. Lasts a few seconds. Then pulses back a few seconds later...
It's by no means debilitating. But it's very weird. I can't really figure out a pattern to it being triggered.... i will try drinking a ton of water. I'd be super curious if anyone had some insights into this.
|
Did you find this post helpful?