Medical Questions > Parenting > Teens Forum

shall i have sex at 13 even tho i feel ready?

im 13 and i get urges like i want to have sex but im not sure if im old enough or not, i havent got a boyfriend to feel compfortably to do it with but i really wnt to have sex...
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper laurenxD
|

replied July 12th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
yesbaby, The difference between humans and animals are that we are in control of our urges. So there is no reason to act out every urge you experience. Physically you are probably ready. Psychologically you are probably not even close to ready to having sex and accept responsibility for what might happen.

But it is still a decision which you will have to make for yourself. Nobody can make that for you. Here is the question to ask: If something goes wrong and you get pregnant, what will you do? What happens if your parents catch you? Or if you get an STD? Are you willing to admit to your parents that you are having sex if they ask? (I am not talking about being embarrassed but fearing their reaction)

It is also most likely illegal for you to have sex at your age where you live. You and your boyfriend can be found guilty of statutory rape and locked up. You are not considered at an age where you can give consent to sex. This happens more often than you think. If you get an STD or pregnant, the local laws can force the caregiver to report it. Parents are also less understanding if their 13 year old daughter get pregnant and will often lay charges against the boy. There is a reason why girls of your age is called 'jail bait'.

Do what any other teen does, employ some self control and masturbate to work off the sexual stress.

If your mom did not have the sex talk with you yet, speak to her or another adult female you trust or find a book at your library. It is very important that you understand your fertility, cycles and anatomy before you even think of having sex. That way you can at least make informed decisions.

Take care and PLEASE be safe and make good decisions!
|

replied July 24th, 2010
Everybody gets those feelings. I'm 14 and I have those feelings. I think your mistaking the word ready as in physically ready. You may have the birth control or condoms but you may not be emotionally ready.

Go on youtube and listen to the song "Innocence" Sarah Buxton
|

replied June 23rd, 2012
Look im nearly 14 and im not even fully developed so chances are your not and your still developing anyways and i swear u have to be 16 to have sex, its just not right for u and girls like me to have sex yet, i mean i dont even want sex and i think your way to young theres a reason why they say wait till 16 to have sex and its not that your ready its just you dont know what your letting yourself in for, i mean i havent even had my first kiss yet, one step at a time. Dont try to be a adult when your not one yet c; just please be careful enjoy your youth thats what im doing!have it when your older and more mature cos it sounds to me your not sure.
|

replied August 20th, 2010
Look, I am in no position to tell you what is right or wrong in this situation, but I am 14 and had sex a few months before my 14th. I know many people who have also done the same as me and regret it a lot. Apart from the fact that you probably aren't 'ready', if you can't trust that boy i won't be special and i should be. If you then broke up after, you might regret having nothing to look forward to in later life when all your friends start doing it at a sensible and legal age. Girl, from me to you, you have to make your own decision, but having been through it first I think you should really think about it and you DEFINATLEY need to find a boy who isn't just looking for sex. Consider the consequences and if you do decide to go for it, be safe. NEVER let a boy talk you into doing it if you have run out of contraception! xx
|

replied June 23rd, 2012
is it just me but girls my age are all wantin or having sex?& btw think about what your parents will say if they find out, i suggest u dot do it because your still young and your body&mind are changing
|

replied August 21st, 2010
No one can make the decision for you, it's up to you, you just have to be ready for the consequences if they occur
|

replied November 10th, 2011
sex
I also feel the same, I'm a 13 year old ggirl like you looking for help on this topic, I also feel ready for sex, and I have the contraception for it, however one of my 13 year old friends had gotten up the duff and she has moved school for mothers and daughters so that's just the one thing in concerened about baabe!:S
|

replied June 23rd, 2012
i know this post was ages ago, i really dot think a 13year old girl or 14 year old girl can be ready, ik im not
|

replied August 9th, 2012
I am a 13 year old girl and i desperately want sex and i was 9 when i first wanted a baby and its just not right to have sex when you are 13 or 14 wait until you are at least 16 because dont forget in most countries it is illeagal so just be patient and if your not a patient person then just try masturbating!!!
|
Tags: sex
Quick Reply