Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Shaky voice

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
basically when i speak i sound about 90 years old as my voice is very shaky , but to me, in my head it doesnt. i have just moved and this is turning into a problem because everyone seems to think ive had a breakdown or just of a nervous disposition, i am 43 and single and people struggle to understand me, those who dont know me, am getting really down about this and feel like shouting its not me!
i just wondered if its medical, it seems to have been going on for years
thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile deteragram
|

User Profile
replied May 4th, 2009
Supporter
Have you consulted a doctor about this?
It sounds likeyou may be suffering from something called essential tremor. According to one website I visited:
Essential tremor (ET) is a nerve disorder characterized by uncontrollable shaking, or "tremors," in different parts and on different sides of the body. Areas affected often include the hands, arms, head, LARYNX (VOICE BOX), tongue, and chin. Rarely, the lower body is affected.
You didn't mention your age. This disorder does not jus affect older adults.
While ET can occur at any age, it most often strikes for the first time during adolescence or in middle age (between ages 40 and 50).
|

replied May 7th, 2009
thanks a lot , i will look it up, have been searching for a while and found nothing remotely similar. thanks again and for the speedy reply
|

User Profile
replied May 7th, 2009
Supporter
You're welcome and good luck!
|
Tags: head
Quick Reply