Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

Shaking while sleeping

I'm a 25 year old male, and I have a sleeping disorder that I'm pretty sure has been going on for years. I shake in my sleep, and often just lift my head up and slam it down against the pillow. I'm pretty sure it's been going on for years, but I always wake up not even realizing anything has happened. I didn't even realize I had a problem until I went to college and had a roommate, and then later, a wife. She is very annoyed by it and has had to go to another room just to get some sleep.

I'm not on any meds, I don't have any kind of medical history. I'm not sure what to try, besides going to a sleep disorder clinic, but I don't have much money and not sure how much it would cost, or if my insurance would cover it. This is putting a strain on my marriage, and my poor wife has to skip work sometimes because she can't get any sleep with me in bed with her.

I've looked through some other similar posts here, but they seem to involve meds, or being awake and aware of the shaking, whereas I'm pretty much oblivious to it unless someone wakes me up and points it out.

I'm looking for anything to try at this point.
Did you find this post helpful?
|