Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Cosmetic Surgery, Plastic Surgery Forum

Sexual Reassignment Surgery - Becoming a Hermaphrodite (Page 1)

A female friend of mine has always desired to be a hermaphrodite, and I was curious if any surgeon would be legally able to carry out the operation. I have informed her, and she is aware of the limitations of female to male sexual reassignment, but she is willing to accept these limitations.

She has described to me her desire to have a penis and retain her feminine body shape and vagina. She does not wish to have testes or a scrotum. I explained to her the surgical process involving the "change" of clitoris to penis and the level of erogenous sensitivity typically experienced post-op., and she seems to accept this as well.

I am simply asking... Is this legal and to what extent could my friend's ideal body be achieved? I am going to school to become a cosmetic surgeon, and I wish to one day help her if no one else will touch this sort of case.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Proud2bdogguideu
|

User Profile
replied June 15th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi lookandloveme,

Tell your friend there is no such thing as an "ideal" body. Having said that if she is an intelligent, mature strong individual and is adament on having this procedure done, be sure she does her homework as to talking to others who may have had this done and doing lots of research on this topic as well as getting professional psychological help. You are a good friend in standing by her through all of this.

Good Luck,

Faded Rose
|
Users who thank FadedRose for this post: lookandloveme 

replied October 30th, 2012
yes there some that will help your friend and i'd like to join her here's a link that proves its possible.
|

replied February 9th, 2011
lookandloveme, tell your friend yes, it's possible, and legal, to have surgery to become a hermaphrodite, or intersexed, although I believe most surgeons who can perform that surgery would require the HBSOC be followed. I've had it done, however I was born a male, took female hormones for 10 years, and had surgery to give me a vagina while keeping my penis, and also breast implants. While my penis is smaller after taking estrogen, I still am able to have an erection (4") and orgasm. Your friend's surgery would be more complicated, as surgery to make a penis is a lot more involved, as I'm sure you know.
|

replied July 18th, 2011
hermaphrodite84, out of interest, could you tell me which surgeon did your operation? I'm keen to investigate potentially following this route and I'd be grateful for whatever information you can offer.
|

replied August 13th, 2011
where is your Surgery going to be at i too am a hermaphrodite. i have a 6 inc penis and a vagina scene birth
|

replied December 16th, 2011
hermaphrodite84 I would love to get the same operation as You! please tell Me the name of the Doctor!
|

replied January 20th, 2012
Hello! I am born a man and i want to have a vagina surgeon also like you,..could you pls give me some information about it? I want to have penis and at the same time vagina also but I don't know that it is possible since i looked this page so i know that it's possible and i am glad to know about this.Could you pls tell me where i can go to undergo this surgery and how much would be the total costs? I will be waiting your reply,..thanks!
|

replied November 11th, 2013
how do I go about doing this surgery, I am 27 m-f and want this for myself. can you tell me he cost and who I can talk to first.
|

replied October 17th, 2011
Hermaphrodite84, could you tell me who did your operation? I'm interested in getting the same done. Also, what's it like being a herm?
|

replied November 16th, 2011
Wish I could.....
Found this forum by accident.
Don't think I can afford the bill, If I could, I would do it right now.
I consider Hermaphrodites as a Wonder of Nature. (I am collecting their videos right now.)
It would be so great to be able to enjoy and offer pleasure as a male and a female.
Wish I win a lottery:)
|

replied December 21st, 2011
Hermaphrodite84, you are so lucky! When I checked out the possibility of this, I was told no surgeon would do this sort of operation as they are trained to go the other direction. Please tell us where you had your surgery as I imagine, and as indicated by the responses here so far, that there are a number of people who would want this type of surgery.
|

replied February 12th, 2012
hermy for me yes please
this is an old thread and i havent seen any answers can someone with more information or the name of said surgical operation post about it
|

replied February 17th, 2012
I want a penis
I want to be a hermaphrodite so I can pleasure this girl i'm in love with. But I want to take pills to get the job done instead of getting surgery done. So does anyone know the name of some pills I could take??
|

User Profile
replied April 25th, 2012
This is amazing. I have myself looked into this and had years ago posted about it on another site. I was told then that no surgeon would do this operation. The forumn I was on seems to have now dissapeared so nice to see another one on the same subject. This is something I have always felt very strongly about and an operation that I want to have done. However like everyone else can not find anyone who WILL actually do it.
So please Hermaphrodite84 if you have had this done would you share some details of Who, Where, When, and most importantly of all what is it now like being a Hermaphrodite?

Many thanks for any info you give us.
|

replied October 10th, 2012
It's kind of obvious that hermaphrodite84 hasnt actually had this surgery done. That is why they haven't answered any questions.
Now, I don't known if any doctor would do this surgery, but I'm positive that there aren't any pills you can take to magically make you grow whatever it is you want.
I know some people are born hermaphrodites and have had the chosen 'gender part' taken off of their bodies. Anyways, good luck.
|

User Profile
replied December 23rd, 2012
If only it were possible
If I could afford it I would also like to have this surgery done.
It is something I have always wanted but apart from this forum there seems to be NO information on this to be found on the net.
If anyone ever does find somewhere that will perform this operation please post the details here.
I am really surprised as to how many people would actually like to become a hermaphrodite.
This is amazing. Can we not have our own group somewhere where we can all talk about this with each other?
|

replied January 19th, 2013
Hi to all you other Herm want-to-bes out there. I know I want this surgery too but I live in the UK where Plastic surgery gender reassignment is very strictly bound by law. However for all of you who are US citizens this link might help. It shows that the surgery has been done a number of times, since it mentions that 10 surgeons offered the procedure in 2009.
|

replied January 25th, 2013
it dosnt show a link
|

replied January 25th, 2013
Sorry don't know why it did not show
if link does not show browse for:-
bizarre hermaphrodite fad sweeps us
|

replied February 23rd, 2013
Unfortunately from a fake news site.
|

replied March 25th, 2013
This should be on Opera
My goodness there are so many people wanting that I can see... This should be shown on Opera, or something.

I Have a Friend My safe
A Male Friend.
Who has always wanted to be a Herm... Of Both Sex's. He wants a Servery done... Can anyone tell me anymore info other then whats here?
|

replied March 25th, 2013
I My self actualy am thinking of getting the sergary. But don't know the risks...

I am a Female.
|

replied July 13th, 2013
wish to be turned into Hermaphrodite...
I'm a CD and want to be transformed into female looking Hermaphrodite with hormones, surgical testicles removal and the vagina surgically made at place of my scrotum. So I want to look like a woman, but wish to have both: penis and wagina...
|

replied August 9th, 2013
I want to also become a Hermaphrodite.
The only place that this type of surgery may be possible would be somewhere like Thailand possibly India.
The costs would be very high both financially and emotionally.
I have been wanting this surgery myself for as long as I can remember.
Realistically I doubt that any of us here will ever actually achieve having this surgery.
If anyone ever finds somewhere that this operation can be performed please let the rest of us know but make sure you research your information first.
|

replied August 16th, 2013
hii everyone~ actually I have great news~ I found some therapists that work with intersex/hermaphrodites and I think we can get the surgeries~ <3 im so happy~ if any of you want more info or anything you can send me a request in fb im ether as Sora Hikari or Zaida Beza ^^
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied January 6th, 2014
I am a biological male whose internal gender identity is and always has been mixed. So, I too want...need...this gender/sex harmonizing. It is my hope that as technology advances therapeutic interventions like this will, if only as a by-product, become easier for those of us who are apparently the fringe of the fringe.
|
12 >>